PTA, Sports Medicine - Greater Heights CCC
Company: Memorial Hermann
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to
provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that
develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Performs routine physical therapy treatments according to patient
treatment plans under the direction of a licensed physical
therapist. Documents findings, progress and instruction to patients
and caregivers. Assists with program development. Provides training
and guidance to students and interns. Assists Director, Manager or
Level III with department operations.
Experience in aquatics would be helpful
Primarily land based, but assisting in the pool when needed
Education: Graduate of an accredited physical therapist assistant
or a physical therapist program
Licenses/Certifications: Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
license or eligible. Current Certification in Basic Life
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
* Two (2) years of experience.
* Occasional/frequent lifting up to 75/100 pounds and carrying of
up to 30 pounds; prolonged standing; frequent walking, stooping and
squatting. Fine hand dexterity, eye-hand coordination, the ability
to receive oral and written communication, and to communicate
verbally and in writing are also necessary. The visual ability to
monitor instruments, computers and equipment, recognize
alphanumeric characters, distinguish colors and observe physical
characteristics are essential to this position.
* Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health"
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
* Implements a physical therapy treatment program as described by a
physical therapist's written plan of care. Provides physical
therapy services under the supervision of the PT, and treatments
are modified only as allowed by the plan of care. Is able to
demonstrate physical therapy skills competently. May screen
patients for possible PT services under the direction of a PT.
Monitors patient's condition and progress towards treatment
* Supervises rehabilitation technicians and others with regard to
patient care. Motivates and instructs patient/caregiver using
* Communicates effectively with the supervising physical therapist,
patient/caregiver and other professional colleagues to include
physician and insurance companies.
* Manages time effectively.
* Documents appropriately in the medical record and completes other
documentation duties accurately and efficiently.
* Serve as a clinical resource, mentor, and clinical instructor to
staff, students, hospital, schools and/or the community in
* Actively pursues clinical expertise in specific treatment
techniques or management of a particular patient population.
* Actively participates in organized system/facility/departmental
committees and taskforces
* Presents relevant special topics in professional literature at
clinic meetings, grand rounds, conferences, university settings and
meetings as delegated or requested by the faculty
* Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all
Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
* Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization;
* Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann, Houston , PTA, Sports Medicine - Greater Heights CCC, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!