Unarmed Security Officers - Full-time
Company: Security Professionals of Texas
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Security Professionals of Texas -is looking to hire -experienced
Security Guards -for various assignments in the greater Houston and
surrounding areas for an immediate start. All Shifts available
including overnight, -Monday through Saturday. **Must have a Texas
Guard License and be at least 21 years of age**Duties and
- Provides assistance, directions, and information to visitors
and tenant employees. Signs visitors in and out of assigned
facilities. Escorts visitors and staff on and off building premises
- Makes rounds of each floor of the assigned building and/or
makes rounds of assigned buildings. Ensure doors and windows are
locked and secured. Monitors security camera systems and verifies
proper operation of building electronic door lock systems. Turns
off lights not needed for security.
- Reports security violations, questionable activities, and
emergencies to appropriate authority.
- Ensure security lighting and security monitoring systems are
functioning. Monitors outside areas for vagrants and other
unauthorized personnel. Warns violators of rule infractions, such
as loitering, skateboarding, or smoking within 15 feet of building
- Monitors heating and air conditioning systems for proper
operation during non-business hours as directed. Checks assigned
facilities for leaks, during rainstorms. Monitors buildings for
equipment failure or vandalism notifies proper emergency contacts
- Notes building repair and maintenance needs and reports these
deficiencies for correction.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Specific duties and training provided for each specific
assignment. -Minimum Requirements
- Must be at least 21 -years of age or older;
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- Must be able to become licensed -by the Texas Dept. of Public
-Safety - Private Security Program. -Click to review the
disqualifying criminal background and the statutes of limitation.
-Education and Experience
- Six months -of private security experience;
- Education and experience that has been achieved and is
equivalent to the stated education and experience and required
knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform
the duties and responsibilities of this job.Licenses,
Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements
- Valid State -Driver's License or State Issued Identification,
or other valid identification documents to verify employment
eligibility and proof of identity.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Positions that require the operation of a motor vehicle, will
require a 3-year driving record, with no major moving violations.
-Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesKnowledge of:
- Standard building security systems, including operations and
- Policies, practices, procedures, and methods of assigned
- Security surveillance systems operations and capabilities.Skill
- Interacting positively with the public.
- Responding effectively to public inquiries, presenting a
positive impression of the organization.
- Both verbal and written communication.Ability to:
- Follow a regular security check schedule.
- Recognize and report needed repairs, security risks, and
- Understand and follow instructions and communicate effectively,
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
tenants, property management staff, and the general public.Work
Environment & Other InformationPhysical requirements include the
ability to lift/carry up to 25 pounds, visual acuity, speech and
hearing, hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity. Subject to
standing, walking, sitting, repetitive motion, reaching, climbing
stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, pushing,
pulling, balancing, client/customer contact, squatting to perform
the essential functions. It requires constant walking and standing
and exposure to outside elements. This job description is intended
to be generic in nature. It is not necessarily an exhaustive list
of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties,
functions, and responsibilities and overtime eligibility may vary
based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.BenefitsSPOT
offers the following benefits: -
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- AD&D Supplemental -Insurance
- Weekly Pay
- Professional Uniforms
Keywords: Security Professionals of Texas, Houston , Unarmed Security Officers - Full-time, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!