Company: Powell Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
As a Lead person, you will be responsible supporting the
production objectives of the 1st Shift Steel Fab Department for the
Mosley Drive facility. The following outlines the primary duties
and responsibilities for this position.
* Give direction to all hourly employees in the department.
* Organize job duties and oversee training for new hires, as well
as, meeting the matrix requirements for cross training.
* Mentor/Facilitate Safety Squad/Safety Program Activities.
* Organize/Prioritize daily workflow to meet customer delivery
* Create work orders and write HFDs.
* Proficient in Multi-Tasking multiple areas within the
* Proficiency in adapting to change based on Customer
* Troubleshoot machine problems and make recommendations when
* Work with engineers, supervisors, and suppliers to resolve
quality issues and meet customer demand.
* Coordinate inventory cycle counts
* Forecasting for Raw and External Vendor Related Materials (as
You must be an organized, self-starter, with above average problem
solving ability. Also, you must be able to work alone and
unsupervised while under intense pressure from Production
customers. Most importantly, you must be able to work as part of a
multi-cultural, multi-disciplined team while achieving your highest
To be considered for this position, you must meet the following
* Previous leadership experience (i.e. lead person, crew leader,
* Multi-tasking, Organizational Skills and Communication are
essential for this role.
* Experience with PCs and Windows software. Database experience
* Able to read technical documents such as technical manuals and
mechanical engineered drawings.
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality system.
In our 70+ year history, Powell has always known that our employees
are at the heart of our success. Without question, we have the most
talented people in all parts of our organization.
As a manufacturer, we recruit and hire experienced and
knowledgeable applicants to ensure our product is engineered,
fabricated and assembled to customer specifications!
Powered by Innovation - Powell's culture has and will always be
founded in our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do
Become a part of our story, and let us help you write yours. Hard
work pays off in all of our teams, with opportunity for advancement
and promotion without sacrificing work-life balance. Successful
candidates must have a legal authorization to work in the United
States on a full-time basis, with only those candidates selected
for interview contacted.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may
request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in
your ability to use the careers site as a result of your
disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling
713.378.2685. Application status inquiries will not be accepted in
Keywords: Powell Industries, Inc., Houston , Fabrication Leadperson, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!