Accounts Payable Compliance Associate
Company: NorthStar Memorial Group
Posted on: September 24, 2022
NorthStar Memorial Group is seeking an Accounts Payable Compliance
Associate for our Home Office in the Galleria area of Houston. The
Accounts Payable Compliance Associate is responsible for ensuring
compliance with all accounts payable policies and procedures which
include implementation of the policies, audits of the procedures
and controls and the documentation thereof.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Implement Process improvements and resolve non-routine issues
in conjunction with the Accounts Payable Manager.
- Update processes and procedures as needed to assist with
- Ensure total compliance with accounts payable internal
controls, policy and procedures.
- Provide training and feedback to employees regarding adherence
to Accounts Payable policies and procedures.
- Manage bank related transactions such as stop payments,
cancels, voids and positive pay exceptions.
- Approve Vendor Set Up and updates.
- Monitor invoices in Accounts Payable system to ensure they are
paid in a timely manner.
- Monitor corporate check requests noting proper documentation,
accuracy in coding and appropriate authorization.
- Monitor vendor data.
- Supervise work assigned to the offshore accounting team as it
relates to accounts payable.
- Issue 1099's to vendors and file reports with the IRS.
- Communicate and respond to inquiries from external vendors and
- Responsible for the accounts payable aging and other assigned
- Assist with special projects and research as
- Assist with PCard requests and set ups.
- Monitor local check requests from the Local Check
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy, and attention to
- Ability to work in a collaborative and team-oriented
- Ability to work within established timeframes and
- A high level of honesty and integrity
- High School Diploma
- 3-4 years solid experience in accounts payable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel
Apply today to hear more about the amazing opportunities that await
for you at NorthStar Memorial Group. To be considered for this
opportunity, click the Apply Now link on this page, or
confidentially email your resume to . Please include the title of
this job along with the location name for which you are applying in
your email. We can't wait to speak with you about the incredible
reasons why you'll love it here!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: NorthStar Memorial Group, Houston , Accounts Payable Compliance Associate, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!