Lead Security Officer: Worley Headquarters Houston
Company: Denali Universal Services (DUS)
Posted on: September 24, 2022
DescriptionJOB SUMMARYUnder direct supervision of the Security
Captain, the Lead Security Officer provides supervision of their
assigned shifts and is responsible for ensuring all shift duties
are performed properly. The Lead Security Officer is a licensed
Security Officer who provides protection of work sites, personnel,
and assets from events such as trespassing, theft, vandalism,
harassment, assault, and other disruptive incidents; and performs
post duties as assigned. Performing roving gate patrols and access
control are core functions of this position to ensure the safety
and security of the Worley Headquarters facility in Houston, TX.
The incumbent must comply with DUS and client safety guidelines,
policies and procedures. The general responsibilities of the
position include those listed below, but the company may identify
other responsibilities of the position.Work Schedule: Rotational -
1 week on/1 week off (12 hour shifts)REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to proficiently speak, read, understand, and write
- Valid drivers license.
- Must have a reliable personal vehicle for transportation
to/from the work site each day.
- State of Texas Level II Unarmed Security Guard License (or
ability to obtain upon hire)
- CPR /AED certification (or ability to obtain upon hire)
- 2 years of experience in law enforcement, military police,
corrections, or private security company administration. Military
experience in an applicable specialty may be substituted for law
- Minimum 1 year in position(s) of increasing responsibility that
required sound decision making and incident/event management.
- Must be able to pass the Companys pre-employment screening
process, including drug screen, criminal background investigation,
and post-offer physical/fitness for duty
- Maturity of judgement and behavior
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner with
the understanding that honesty, integrity, and ethics are
- Ability to communicate respectfully with all visitors,
coworkers, vendors, supervisors, managers, customers, and client
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting,
two-way radio, etc.)
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Directly supervise the shift security officers.
- Provide subject expertise to the client representatives, and
other appropriate parties concerning the security processes at the
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of, and the ability to apply,
DUS Policies and procedures (both administrative and security),
report writing procedures, and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in the client's incident management process as
- Ensure notification is made to law enforcement personnel and
other emergency responders to facilitate a timely response to any
emergency within the area of responsibility.
- Utilize clear and appropriate communication skills while
communicating with people when providing information, mediating
disputes, investigating incidents, and performing other duty
- Maintain composure and control of the situation while
participating in workplace discussions that could result in an
antagonistic environment because of opposing opinions.
- Understand and successfully execute post orders including
enforcement of client and company policies, rules and
- Guard property against damage, fire, theft, and illegal or
- Make periodic rounds about (patrols by foot) of buildings and
grounds, examining doors, windows, and gates to ensure that they
are properly secured.
- Perform searches of people, vehicles, buildings, and other
- Display courteous, respectful and professional interactions
with the public and customers.
- Process visitors and produce access badges.
- Monitor traffic and parking.
- May operate and monitor CCTV equipment.
- May be asked to perform rescue functions at accidents,
emergencies and disasters.
- Maintain composure and control in all situations.
- Effectively and coherently communicate over radio channels
while initiating and responding to radio communications.
- Interview people to detect infringements and to investigate
disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism and accidents or
incidents. Report irregularities to management.
- Write Daily Activity Reports and/or Incident Reports
- May assist management and law enforcement officials in
emergency situations, apprehending unauthorized persons found on
the property, etc.
- Maintain high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Must comply with established dress code/uniform
- Report all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness in a safe
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriate professionalism.
- Participate in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety and
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to work a varying schedule including nights, weekends,
holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
- Attend company/job required training programs (classroom and
virtual) as designated.
- May perform responsibilities of a Security Officer, Security
Officer /Reception or Captain, as requested.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.CORE
- Commitment to Excellence: Identifies what needs to be completed
and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job
- Corporate Values: Understand, embraces, and integrates DUS
corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security: Promotes a safe work environment for
co-workers and customers
- Customer Service: Identifies and responds to current and future
client needs by providing excellent service to internal and
- Teamwork: Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and
maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and
outside the organizationJOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Adaptability: Adapts to changing conditions and work
assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments and
- Analytical Skills: Visualizes, articulates and solves a variety
of problems and concepts and makes appropriate decisions based on
- Communication Skills: Listens, writes, and speaks effectively,
and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and
- Conflict Resolution: Prevents, manages, and/or resolves
- Independence: Works with little or no supervision
- Problem Solving: Anticipates and identifies problems,
distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines
alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity,
ambiguity and risk.
- Decision Making: Makes choices or reaches conclusions by
establishing objectives, gathering relevant information,
identifying alternatives, setting criteria for the decision, and
selecting the best option
- Planning and Organizing: Systematically develops plans,
prioritizes, organizes and manages resources in order to accomplish
business goals within a specific time period
- Management: Plans, organizes, directs, monitors, and controls a
group of one or more employees or one or more entities to
accomplish organizational goals and objectivesBENEFITSFull-time
regular employees have the opportunity to enroll in health
insurance, life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short-term
disability insurance. Full-time regular employees are provided
access to our employee assistance program.WORKING ENVIRONMENTThe
employee may be required to work assignments consisting of eight to
twelve-hour days and must be available to work day or night shifts,
as required. The majority of the work is performed in a corporate
office building with a wide variety of people with differing
functions, personalities and abilities.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe
employees work requires routine walking, standing, bending, pushing
and/or pulling, and carrying items up to 50 lbs. Candidates will be
required to successfully complete a post-offer pre-employment
physical and functional capacity exam (also known as a fitness for
duty test).REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONIt is DUSs business philosophy
and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to
applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals
with physical or mental disabilities.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYERDenali Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity
Employer.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Denali Universal Services (DUS), Houston , Lead Security Officer: Worley Headquarters Houston, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!