Turnaround Excellence Procurement Lead
Posted on: September 24, 2022
- Participate as the TA Procurement SME (Subject Matter Expert)
for Turnaround Peer Reviews and share learnings across the
- Manage Turnaround Excellence Model milestone activities to
ensure 100% compliance
- Collect/facilitate Turnaround Lessons Learned activities post
execution for identifying area of opportunity. Document and report
lessons learned for each turnaround.
- Drive Supplier Performance process during pre, execution, post
- Develop & implement turnaround specific processes and
procedures where required.
- Drive commercial excellence and continuous improvement through
alignment with category strategies, competitive bidding and post
- Manage the skills and capability development of the TA
- Interact directly with internal clients Turnaround Core Team
(TACT) and material suppliers to ensure accurate turnaround long
lead materials are communicated and met.
- Assist team with identifying the required long lead materials
to ensure all materials are on site three (3) months prior to the
start of execution per the Turnaround (TA) Excellence Model using
the Long Lead digital tool.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Analyze large scale bid responses to determine the most
responsive and responsible bidder to optimize the total cost of
- Supporting deployment, maintaining, and monitoring the Long
Lead digital tool to include reporting and training TA Buyers and
- Proactively connect suppliers to scheduled turnarounds with
respect to materials. Communicate technical review deadlines and PO
(Purchase Order) requirements to prevent non-compliance to T-3
- Track and drive continuous improvement within the
- Create, implement, and actively manage TA specific metrics and
KPI's for services and materials through digital tools, KPIs,
- Actively track and monitor the expedition of materials by the
TA buyers and coach accordingly to build expediting skills across
- Identify areas for improvement and continually drive
performance and business results for internal processes.
- Participate in Turnaround Core Team meeting and other
turnaround related business review meetings with key business
partners to assess risk, review future strategies, and improvement
- Minimum of 5 years of Turnaround/Capital Procurement experience
- Minimum of 7 years expediting materials globally
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Engineering degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience working in SAP utilizing supply chain
or procurement functionality is strongly preferred.
- 8+ years Turnaround procurement experience
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics,
chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its
employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and
products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges
like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible
packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger
and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel
efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring
the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances.
LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is
the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the
largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022,
LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's
Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and
reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why
we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the
world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in
the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and
contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the
communities where we operate and the people who depend on our
products. To learn more, click here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Keywords: LyondellBasell, Houston , Turnaround Excellence Procurement Lead, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!