Medical Collection Specialist
Company: Business Integra Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Location: *Houston, TX.
*Duration: *3 Months
*Education/Skills: * HS Diploma or equivalency required; Post HS
* Must have minimum of 3 years' experience in a Customer Service
call enter environment with a focus on healthcare
billing/collections or collection agency environment or 3 years'
experience working in a client service or marketing capacity,
preferably in a healthcare or collection agency environment.
* General hospital A/R accounts knowledge is required.
* PC skills in a Windows environment are required.
* Solid knowledge and utilization of desktop applications to
include Word and Excel are essential.
* College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience
and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered
in lieu of formal hospital experience.
* Provides medical collection services for TLRA collection
* Utilizes a strong background as a medical collection specialist
to successfully resolve accounts placed with TLRA for
* This involves performing collection activities related to
follow-up and account resolution, and includes communication to
patients, clients, reimbursement vendors, and other external
entities while adhering to all client, state and federal
* Patient and client satisfaction is essential.
* Associates in the collection unites are expected to knave
knowledge of the overall collection work processes for the both
active AR and BD inventory.
* Provides effective collection services, ensuring the successful
recovery of accounts in accordance with client and state guidelines
as well as TLRA's business objectives
* Documents and updates patient account information in TLRA's
collection software system timely and accurately to include
appropriate account status.
* Handles inbound patient and/or carrier calls promptly and
professionally, providing assistance and resolution to account
inquiries, issues and request.
* Uses collection tools effectively to ensure quality recovery
services and meet or exceed established goals and work
* Performs research and analysis of account issues and strives to
resolve problems timely and accurately.
* Ensure daily productivity standards are met.
* Promotes positive patient relations by communicating in a manner
that demonstrates respect for the human dignity of patients and/or
* Performs other special projects as required when assigned.
Collections - Insurance
* Maintains active knowledge of all collection requirements by
* Collects balance owing from third party payers in accordance with
State and Federal laws governing collections practices.
* Ensures that collection efforts are thorough with overall
objective being to collect outstanding balances in an ethical
* Ensures quality standards are met and proper documentation
regarding patient accounting records.
* Contacts other departments to obtain necessary information for
appeals, pending information and any other issues that impact
and/or delay claim processing.
* Collections - Self Pay
* Ensures that self-pay accounts are handled in a customer service
oriented manner that accomplishes the goal of collecting monies due
to clients, while at the same time preserving the positive image of
TLRA that exists in the community.
* Responsible for assisting patients in identifying eligible means
of financial assistance or if non apply working with the patient to
make acceptable payment arrangements.
* Must be an effective team member with good communication
* Must participate in team meetings, communicate work related ideas
and concerns proactively and assist in finding appropriate
* Physician Billing/Collections
* Ensure proper reimbursement for all services and to ensure all
appeals are filed timely
* Review accounts and determine appropriate follow up activities
utilizing Six Sigma Practices
* Identify under and overpayments and take appropriate actions to
* Validate commercial insurance claims to ensure the claims are
paid according to the contract
* Direct knowledge using Meditech and CollectLogix software
* Monitor and communicate errors generated by other groups and
evaluate for trends
Job Types: Contract, Temporary
Salary: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Customer service: 3 years (Required)
* Insurance verification: 2 years (Required)
* Medical collection: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Business Integra Inc, Houston , Medical Collection Specialist, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!