Customer Service Representative
Company: Octagon Consulting
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Primarily responsible to collect monies on behalf of our clients
while maintaining compliance and professional office and ethical
standards. Collector will utilize various collection strategies and
methodologies to attempt to contact consumers in order to negotiate
payment in full or payment arrangements on debt within federal,
state and client collection guidelines and laws.
*Essential Functions: *
1. Take inbound and outbound phone calls to collect monies by
negotiating payment terms and methods when right party is reached.
The process requires reviewing the account information in database,
and/or asking probing questions of the consumer in order to better
understand potential objections to payment.
2. Monitor debtors accounts and follow-up to ensure payments are
made in a timely manner.
3. Utilize various skip tracing techniques and collection
strategies to locate right parties in order to collect monies.
4. Collect balance or set up an appropriate payment plan.
5. Review accounts to identify adjustments, discrepancies and
create a request for resolution.
6. Handle debtor disputes and overcome stalls and objections &
suggest money sources for debt payment.
7. All other duties as assigned
*Physical Demands & Work Environment: *
* Works in an enclosed call center environment office and mostly
works on the computer.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, talk or walk and use hands and fingers
to operate office equipment (computer and printer) or other office
tools, and reach with hands and arms.
* Nominal amount of light lifting required.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job included close
vision and the ability to adjust focus.
*Non-Essential Functions: *
* Assist in training new Collector's.
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: *
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to compute basic math calculations
* Ability to multi-task
* Goal Driven
* Great Work Ethic
* Team Player
* Good Attendance
* Ability to switch between multiple computer systems
* Knowledge of FDCPA, HIPAA, state and local collection laws and
the ability to be licensed in all states is preferred
* Strong listening skills
* Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly is required
* Ability to talk to others to convey information effectively and
* Capable of handling difficult, escalated calls and reach
* Dependable and punctual
* Stress tolerance
* Ability to maintain professional demeanor
* Must be able to efficiently navigate through the CUB's system
* Well organized in taking and processing payments
* Ability to effectively handle calls while maintaining the
client's and Firm's standards.
* Previous experience in customer service, sales, collections, or a
related role is preferred
* Attain working knowledge of the Client's processes and
requirements and be able to communicate this in a professional
* Successfully overcoming objections in a short period of time.
* Working independently and productively without close
* Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Overtime when needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Houston, TX 77081: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Octagon Consulting, Houston , Customer Service Representative, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!