Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DescriptionPrimary Purpose
The Mobility Advisor is responsible for the immigration and
relocation processes for temporary, permanent, and international
employees and new hires by acting as the company's internal
consultant and supporting human resources leadership in ensuring
all immigration policies and procedures adhere and comply with
applicable laws and regulations. The Mobility Advisor coordinates
and facilitates the entire relocation process and supports business
related immigration needs for Sempra Infrastructure (SI) projects
The Mobility Advisor works with multiple partners, including Talent
Acquisition Advisors (TA), HR Advisors (HRA), Corporate
Compensation, and Project teams to ensure seamless management of
immigration, domestic and/or international assignments, and
relocations. The Advisor also works closely with external service
providers such as relocation providers, tax and immigration
vendors, coordinates their services and analyzes quality of
delivery on an ongoing basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage domestic and international assignments, rotational
assignments, permanent transfers, and extended business trips where
moves are required. Manage inbound and outbound assignments for
assignees throughout the employee assignment lifecycle. Manage
employee immigration lifecycle process as needed.
- Consult regarding and administer the application of Sempra
Infrastructure Mobility/Assignment Framework to determine
assignment category selection, policy benefits, compensation
decisions and related exception processes.
- Prepare, propose and present assignment/ relocation packages
for employees and new hires. Ensure cost estimates and assignment
contract/s are prepared efficiently and effectively, working with
relevant partners (e.g. Project, HR Advisor, and Compensation and
- Ensure assignment initiation and assignment briefing for the
assignee is robust, so the assignee adopts the right cultural
mindset and understands the critical milestones,
legislation/documentation to be completed and potential
- Manage day-to-day interactions with our mobility vendors to
ensure a smooth experience for our people - including initiating
and monitoring employee cases and vendor performance.
- Act as the main resource for employees on all aspects of
immigration, including visa processes and regulatory requirements/
changes. Monitor progress for all SI immigration cases, identify
long-term visa issues and communicate risk to Talent Acquisition
Advisor, Hiring Managers and HR Advisors.
- Collaborate with associate and immigration vendor to ensure
visa/work permit process is aligned to proposed start date.
- Manage Mobility Caseload, including:
- Domestic International Relocation cases, Domestic International
Transfers, and Temporary Assignment cases.
- Consult with interested parties, including Employee, Manager,
HRA, and TA on relocation, immigration and tax benefits; prepare
cost projections; manage transfer letter process; vendor
management; process exception requests; conduct post-arrival
- Monitor key data from relocation, tax, and immigration
providers; identifies potential trends and offers cost effective
solutions to effectively respond. Ensure compliance with internal
policies and external requirements (e.g. benefits, tax, local
- Maintain SharePoint files including tracker and access for
global and domestic mobility stakeholders. Ensure all cases are
up-to-date and on track and provide updates or follow-up with
relevant counterparts/third-party vendors for further action as
- Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration
or related field required.Experience
- 3+ years of experience with relocation, mobility and
immigration, preferably within a multinational organization
- Relevant experience and knowledge of mobility and relocation
processes (benefits, compensation, immigration, expatriate
packages, etc.) required.
- Experience with Tax and Immigration legislation, as well as
relevant employment law and other business or economic forces.
Experience with Immigration regulations, policies as it relates to
short/long-term assignments, and visa sponsorship guidelines
preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Customer service mindset. A desire to deliver exceptional
service to internal business leaders and assignees.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of
cross-functional and cross-vendor teams, and deliver to aggressive
- Data analytical mindset.
- Ability to apply the relevant (assignment policies, expatriate
cost, etc.) principles to business needs.
- Advance computer skills. Proficient with MS Outlook, Office,
including Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Knowledge of the end-to-end relocation and transition process
for domestic and international assignees.
- Knowledge of compensation including calculation and explanation
of standard assignment allowances /deductions, tax equalization,
hypothetical tax, shadow payroll, split-payroll mechanisms.
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills and
ability to prioritize workload.
- Problem solving, analysis and decision-making skills.Licenses
- GMS, CRP, PHR, or SPHR designation preferred.
Keywords: Sempra, Houston , Mobility Advisor, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!