Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking a PSM/MOC Coordinator to join a client's
Engineering & Construction (E&C) team in the Woodlands, TX.
Initial contract duration is 6 months with possibility of a 1 year
extension. This position is responsible for working with
Engineering, Construction, and Operations personnel to manage the
documentation, review, and approval of equipment and process
changes using the Intelex application while following the Client's
Process Safety Management (PSM), Management of Change (MOC), and
Pre-startup Safety Review (PSSR) programs.
- Minimum of 3 years in an engineering, process safety,
operations, materials management, or supply chain support role
required; additional experience will be considered.
- Oil and gas industry (upstream, midstream, or downstream)
experience is preferred.
- Experience with the implementation of PSM/MOC programs and the
usage of electronic MOC applications is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of production and midstream operations.
- Computer skills should include all Microsoft Office
applications (specifically Microsoft Excel), SAP, and a
demonstrated ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Experience with data analysis tools, such as SpotFire and
PowerBI, are a plus.
- Track record of action-oriented performance - taking control of
problem situations, developing solutions, and bringing them to
resolution, operating with a sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work within a team environment including
engineering, project management, field construction, operations,
and HSE personnel.
- Exhibit clients core values of Servant Leadership, Empowerment,
Customer Focus, Belief in Each Other, Integrity, and Positive Work
- Commit and take action to make sure every employee and
contractor goes home safe every day.
- Know and understand the requirements of the PSM, MOC, and PSSR
programs and support others in their implementation and
- Administer the electronic MOC and PSSR process in Intelex for
MOCs owned by the E&C team.
- Develop and maintain templates for MOC and PSSR roles, tasks
assignments, and documentation requirements based on region and
- Initiate MOCs and PSSRs based on guidance from E&C project
- Monitor MOC and PSSR progress and ensure assigned personnel are
performing their tasks, reviews, and approvals.
- Provide regular email reminders to responsible parties
prompting action on assigned tasks.
- Develop and prepare status reports on open MOCs for MOC Owners
as well as a management work-in-progress dashboard.
- Notify Project Controls when MOC stages are complete so project
schedules can be updated.
- Receive documents from creators/updaters and upload them into
the Intelex MOC application.
- Audit MOCs for completeness prior to the completion of each
- Ensure MOCs are closed out it a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to assigned personnel on usage of the
Intelex MOC application.
- Identify potential improvements to the Intelex MOC application
and participate in their implementation, if approved.
This position is not eligible for relocation.
Up to 10% travel is required for this position is. Most travel will
be to field locations in the Permian Basin in West Texas and the DJ
Basin near Denver, Colorado.
This position will work 9 hours Monday - Thursday and 4 hours on
Friday. The position will rotate weekly between working from home
and the office. Must have the ability to work from home while
accessing corporate IT systems remotely.
Wood does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant
visa petitions for this role.
Skills / Qualifications
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without
- Well versed in OSHA 1910.119 specifically 1910.119(i) and (l)
requirements for management of change.
- Ability to discern what an "in kind" change is.
- Certification in MoC leadership or coordination highly
- Experience in Management of Change in upstream or downstream
- Trained facilitation skills in TapRoot and TriPodBeta risk
- Prior experience in upstream oil and gas operations.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment with
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, strong communication, collaboration and
- Experienced in managing large databases of information.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft products.
--- Bachelor's Degree
--- Working knowledge of oil and gas processing facilities
--- Management of Change experience
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent required. A
Bachelor's degree in a science, engineering, industry, or related
field or additional related work experience is a plus.
Job title, grade, and salary will be commensurate with relevant
education and experience.
Valid driver's license with no restrictions that would prohibit
driving a company vehicle
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across
energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to
some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide
consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60
countries, employing around 40,000 people.
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a
diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and
without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list):
race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or
other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing
Keywords: Wood, Houston , MOC Coordinator, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!