Company: Oceaneering International
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and
manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design,
development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing
of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and
equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental
control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and
biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch
vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support
services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on
Products & Services, thenclick Space Systems (OSS). This position
is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This Machinist position with Oceaneering Space Systems affords the
opportunity to work on vital components of NASA's xEVAS and many
other space flight programs. The xEVAS program will include the
design, development, production, hardware processing, and
sustainment of an integrated Extravehicular Activity (EVA)
capability that includes a new spacesuit and ancillary hardware,
that will be provided as a service for the NASA International Space
Station (ISS), Artemis Program (Gateway and Human Landing System),
and Commercial Space missions
Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes all set-ups and operates all machine tools to fabricate
parts per Engineering drawings or sketches.
- Applies knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, machinability
of materials, machine shop procedures, and has good knowledge in
the use of edge finders, indicators, etc.
- Studies specification, such as blueprints and sketches to
determine dimensions and tolerances of piece to be machined,
sequence of operations, tooling and materials and machines
- Establishes most efficient machining procedure to build the
- Verifies conformance of work piece to specification prior to
turning in work, using calipers, micrometers, and various other
inspection equipment (must have his/her own tools).
- Programs, set-up and operates Hurco CNC Mill and/or CNC
- Generates complete CNC machine programs via conversational
programming using machine controls to input part data from
Engineering drawings and sketches to produce finished
- Offline programming using Creo/PTC or Mastercam CAM systems a
- Performs machine maintenance and is responsible for keeping
work area clean and reporting safety issues to Supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent. 4 plus years' experience in
close tolerance machining environment.
- Completion of a 2-4 year apprenticeship or technical program
plus 1-2 years of experience may be acceptable.
- The ability to read blueprints and/or drawings and an
understanding of GD&T symbols and how they apply.
- Normal working environment consists of pulling and lifting to
50 lbs., respirator/equipment required when exposed to chemicals,
climbing up to six feet, standing approximately 95 percent,
repetitive motion approximately 80 percent.
- Close visual work with numbers/measurements approximately 80
percent, exposure to dust, and close tolerance work during
machining 90 percent.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,national
origin, veteran status,disability, genetic information, or other
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Houston , Aerospace Machinist, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!