Posted on: November 26, 2022
Deli Food Service Clerk
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with
an emphasis on providing fast and friendly Customer Service.
* Assists customers by making product suggestions, filling special
orders and food preparation suggestions.
* Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately. Receives
and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to Store
Director as needed.
* Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques via
telephone, in-store intercom and one on-one customer
* Implements proper and efficient product preparation and packaging
techniques. Uses and operates related equipment such as kitchen
utensils, fryers, conventional and microwave ovens, pizza ovens,
slicers, grills, food processors, wrappers, scales, printers, and
pallet jacks. Prepares sandwiches, salads, pizzas, hot and cold
foods, and food/party trays according to company standards.
* Maintains deli case cleanliness, visual appeal, and inventory
levels. Responsible for ensuring the proper cleanliness, sanitation
and appearance of deli area and equipment and for ensuring a safe
* Ensures temperatures are maintained in all phases of preparation,
display and storage.
* May assist with preparation of sales and inventory reports. May
assist with physical inventory taken every 4 weeks.
* Assists with controlling inventory to ensure adequate product
quantity, quality and freshness and maintains inventory levels
according to division directives. Stocks and rotates product.
Maintains and organizes cooler.
* Understands opening and closing department procedures.
* Builds displays, rotates and discards outdated or spoiled
product. Ensures cleanliness of work area and department.
* Working knowledge of company policies and guidelines as outlined
in the Albertsons/Tom Thumb Employee Handbook.
* Responsible for ensuring proper code dating for all products
within the department are being enforced.
* Ability to follow and maintain department standards and
requirements in handling quick sales items.
* Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays. May be
responsible for the operation and maintenance of salad bar, wing
bar and burger bar.
* Performs receiving duties including breaking downloads, verifying
orders using invoices, inspecting quality, reporting shortages,
stocking, and rotating product. Adheres to product temperature and
storage guidelines and follows proper packaging techniques.
Processes administrative paperwork and maintains accurate
* Accurately completes, maintains, and monitors daily log sheet,
Production Chart, Sales and Labor and other required paperwork and
* Assists with Controlling shrink and cost.
* Ensures that proper temperature levels for product are
maintained. Ensures proper signing of products to include accurate
pricing and Country of Origin Labeling (COOL) (If applicable).
Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations,
Company, and code dating policies.
* Complies with all workplace safety rules and regulations.
* Ensures safety, cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor, work
area, freezer, cooler, equipment, cutting board and display area,
including code date compliance as required.
* Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities
safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
* Other necessary and required duties.
*SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: *
* Requires good communication and interpersonal skills and the
ability to maintain professional demeanor regarding customers and
* Requires a good understanding of overall company practices and
Service Deli Department policies and procedures.
* Ability to frequently reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying
dimensions and weights up to approximately 50 lbs. Bends, stoops
and reaches frequently. Pushes and pulls fully loaded hand trucks
and pallet jacks. Performs repetitious arm movement to prepare,
package and display products.
* Complies with company grooming standards and dress code.
* Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
Ability to stand for long periods of time.
* Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate
completion of work activities. Requires knowledge of basic
mathematics and weights and measures. Must have knowledge of
product variety, standards, perishability, product handling,
sanitation, labeling and department policies and procedures.
* Uses and operates related equipment such as kitchen utensils,
fryers, conventional and microwave ovens, pizza ovens, slicers,
grills, food processors, wrappers, scales, printers, and pallet
jacks Utilizes cleaning supplies and equipment.
* May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Scheduled
hours will vary. Good attendance is required.
* Exposure to potential hazards exists with respect to equipment
and work aids necessary to perform job duties.
*WORK ENVIRONMENT *
* Must work in an environment-controlled environment. Frequent
exposure to refrigerated conditions and items at or around 35 -.
Frequent exposure to -20 - F while handling products in
* Occasional travel, including overnight travel, may be
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $11.00 - $14.00 per hour
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Paid training
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Every weekend
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Houston, TX 77024: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Food service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Albertsons, Houston , Deli Clerk, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!