Transplant Coordinator RN
Company: Baylor St Luke's Medical Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center is an internationally recognized
leader in research and clinical excellence that has given rise to
breakthroughs in cardiovascular care neuroscience oncology
transplantation and more. Our team's efforts have led to the
creation of many research programs and initiatives to develop
advanced treatments found nowhere else in the world. In our
commitment to advancing standards in an ever-evolving healthcare
environment our new McNair Campus is designed around the human
experience-modeled on evidence-based practices for the safety of
patients visitors staff and physicians. The 27.5-acre campus
represents the future of healthcare through a transformative
alliance focused on leading-edge patient care research and
education. Our strong alliance with Texas Heart - Institute and
Baylor College of Medicine allows us to bring our patients a
powerful network of care unlike any other. Our collaboration is
focused on increasing access to care through a growing network of
leading specialists and revolutionizing healthcare to save lives
and improve the health of the communities we serve.
The Transplant Coordinator RN will provide coordination of all
aspects of the transplant service in order to maintain an organized
and efficient program and ensure quality patient care.
- Initiate the referral and evaluation process for potential
transplant candidates. Review medical information, schedule testing
including physician and coordinator consultations, collect data,
review results and compile data for presentation of patient's case
at Medical Review Board.
- Primary responsibility for the day-to-day course of in-hospital
patients. Notify consultants, prepare for and participate in
physician-led and multidisciplinary rounds, and communicate with
patients, families and all disciplines involved in patient
management in order to streamline post-op course and identify and
solve potential problems.
- Maintain effective communication with referring physicians and
third party payers. Provide clinical updates to payers in order to
- Initiate and oversee all pre-op and post-op education,
collaborating with nursing staff to provide a comprehensive
teaching plan. Assess potential learning problems (language
barrier, etc.) and structure teaching sessions to meet individual
- Provide staff and community education in the areas of
transplant and organ donation.
- Initiate and collaborate in research protocols, journal
articles, abstracts and patient education material.
- Screen potential donor calls; coordinate and organize all
aspects related to donor/recipient status at time of transplant. 24
hour call responsibility for both donor call and outpatient
problems. Triage calls, initiating appropriate
treatment/intervention as required.
- Maintain and submit data for both hospital-based statistics,
UNOS/UNET, ESRD Network and TDH, in order to ensure availability of
accurate statistics and comply with all governmental reporting
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating plans for each
patient's hospital stay, including initiation and revision of the
critical pathway, and collaborating with the entire team to control
LOS, ICU utilization and document variances.
- Serve as a clinician in the care of this complex patient
population, initiating outpatient appointments, physical
exam/assessment, review of labs with identification and treatment
of abnormal results and medication changes according to established
Education and Licensure Required:
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- Registered Nurse (RN) Minimum Experience Required:
- Three (3) Years' Experience.
- Acute Care/ICU, dialysis unit and/or transplant experience.
- Critical care experience Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Effective problem solving techniques. - - -
DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: -
The above statements reflect the general details considered
necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as
identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of
all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
Keywords: Baylor St Luke's Medical Center, Houston , Transplant Coordinator RN, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!