Lead Security Officer - Greater Heights
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System, Memorial Hermann H
Posted on: January 26, 2023
At Memorial Hermann, were about creating exceptional experiences
for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and
grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial
Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its
established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees
drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job
SummaryPosition responsible for assisting with the protecting,
securing and promoting safety and security at a Memorial Hermann
Hospital campus.Job DescriptionSalary range: $20 to $26 per
hourMinimum QualificationsEducation: High School Diploma or
- Certified as a Certified Healthcare Security Supervisor by the
International Association for Healthcare Security and (if not
certified upon date of hire must be Certified as a Certified
Healthcare Advanced Security Officer by IAHSS and must obtain
Supervisor certification no more than six (6) months after hire),
- Licensed as a Commissioned Security Officer by the Texas
Department of Public Safety Private Security Bureau (if not
licensed upon date of hire, mustobtain license no more than one
(1)year after hire), and
- Possess a valid drivers license upon hire (if from out of
state, must obtain a Texas Drivers license within 90 days of
- Based on business need, may be required to meet the Security
Services requirements to carry a firearm
- Must be certified in Heartsaver CPR or Heartcode BLS CPR by the
American Heart Association (if not certified upon date of hire,
must obtain certification no more than 90 days after
hire)Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Minimum of two (2) years of security supervisory experience
with demonstrated leadership abilities or the equivalent
combination of supervisory experience and higher education.
- Knowledge of Texas Penal Code, security reports and
investigations, and JCAHO security standards
- Must be able to understand the English language and communicate
it effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Proficiency in the use of computers is required.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by
integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health
through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration,
compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial
- Supervises shift security operations by maintaining scheduling
and posting of security personnel, being personally involved in the
handling of all security incidents, monitoring security calls for
service, and reviewing and approving reports and documentation
generated during assigned shift. Coordinate security matters with
nursing administrator on duty as required.
- Supervises the activities of assigned personnel; conduct site
post inspections; review performance with employees on a routine
and annual basis.
- Conducts roll call to ensure assigned personnel are available,
ready, and properly prepared for duty; provides briefings for
relieving supervisory personnel.
- Performs Security Officer duties as required to maintain
security in building, lots, and grounds: respond to all security
and emergency situations as required; ensure the public peace is
maintained in all areas of assignment; assist patients, visitors
and staff by coordinating security assistance and by answering
questions and providing directions.
- Have a complete understanding of hospital, building management
and departmental policies, procedures, post orders and comply with
their job requirements at all times.
- Properly operates and cares for assigned security equipment.
Monitors performance of and report failures in equipment assigned
to unit. Maintains knowledge of the location and operation of
security systems, emergency systems and equipment.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills
competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Memorial Hermann H, Houston , Lead Security Officer - Greater Heights, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!