NDC Facility Phlebotomist - Floater
Company: Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position Title: NDC Facility Phlebotomist - Floater Location 1:
Bill T. Teague Donor Center Hours per week: 40 Work week: Monday -
Sunday Shift: 7:30am - 4:30pm Driving position: Yes Description:
GULF COAST REGIONAL BLOOD CENTERLocation: 1400 La Concha Lane
Houston, Texas 77054 (This is a Floater Position. Successful
candidates are required to have a Texas Driver's License and good
driving record for hire.) Position Title: PhlebotomistFunction
Titles: Facility PhlebotomistJoin our team of heroes!Are you
looking for more than a job? We are hiring phlebotomist who are
patient, reliable, and demonstrates commitment towards customer
service and donor satisfaction. The Facility Phlebotomist is
responsible for the performance of routine work related to
screening, collection of and hematroning of blood and blood
products. Frequent contact with the donor public occurs requiring a
high level of customer service.This role is great for those who
enjoy working with a diverse group of people in a variety of
settings. As a phlebotomist you meet all types of people and
utilize different phlebotomy techniques. Just For You:
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Engaging and exciting opportunity to SAVE LIVES.Tips to thrive
in our culture:
- Embody our Core Values of Commitment, Integrity, and
- Work to actively create experiences that inspire others to save
lives, each and every day.
- Embrace doing it right, making connections, and creating
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards,
including safety rules, and be willing to report actual and
potential violations to the appropriate supervisor or manager.In
this role, you'll:
- Assists with preparing the facility prior to opening to receive
donors by stocking supplies and equipment and performing quality
control checks as assigned.
- Performs pre-donation screening, venipuncture, and
post-venipuncture care of donors in accordance with Standard
- Accurately and legibly completes donor records in a timely
- Identifies and addresses non-routine situation arising during
phlebotomy procedures and reports them to supervisor.
- Attends and completes continuing education and training in
phlebotomy procedures, instruments and equipment as required.
- Maintains acceptable level of proficiency in required
- Assists other staff members in maintaining smooth workflow and
- Actively recruits all donors.
- Accurately assess donor eligibility and select optimal
- Assist with archiving donor records.
- Performs general administrative duties and assist Management as
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Float only : accepts assignment to various work locations and
schedules as required.We need someone who has:
- High School Diploma or GED, and six months of phlebotomy
experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
(associate degree from an accredited college or university is a
- Certificate of Phlebotomy strongly preferred.
- EMT Certification or Licenses in a related field a plus.
- Float only: Valid Texas Driver's License and acceptable driving
recordPhysical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands
and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to
sit or stoop; occasionally required to kneel, crouch or crawl and
taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to
25 pounds. Employees are required to be familiar with and abide by
the team lift requirements as specified in the Safety
Program.Specific vision abilities required by this job include
color vision, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Work
Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or
caustic chemicals, and blood and/or blood components, as well as
other bio-hazardous material. The employee is frequently exposed to
risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to
wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and risk
of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Job duties involve an inherent potential for mucous
membrane or skin contact with blood with a risk of exposure to
Hepatitis and HIV.Who We Are: Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center is a
non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization and is accredited, licensed,
and inspected by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), AABB as
well as local and state authorities. Serving the largest medical
campus in the world, The Blood Center has grown to more than 650
employees and serves more than 170 hospitals and health care
institutions in the 26-county Texas Gulf Coast, Brazos Valley, and
East Texas regions. As it pertains to stability, we have been in
business for over 45 years with no threat of mergers or
acquisitions; and growing stronger as we gain more partnerships
within the business community. Think you have what it takes to save
lives with us? We want to hear from you.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
STATEMENTThe Blood Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment
Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants for positions are
considered without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion,
national origin, age, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, transgender status, military status, protected veteran
status, disability status, genetic testing results, or any other
basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable law, statute,
regulation, or Executive Order. PI202071054
Keywords: Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center, Houston , NDC Facility Phlebotomist - Floater, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!