Company: Oceaneering International, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is assist in the
preparation of bids and proposals, and management of CRM (Customer
Relationship Management) software and related data. LOCATION
- Role provides the opportunity to work in hybrid environment,
working both virtually and in office when required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Log RFQ information into Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
software and register the receipt of Request for Quote from
customers and return any response forms.
- Maintain CRM records and assist other members of the
organizatoin with common questions regarding the system.
- Run reports from CRM and distribute information to management
and other leaders on a weekly basis or as required.
- Assist with initiatives related to the CRM and ERP system,
including day to day reporting, training, and new changes and
- Create basic proposals and cost estimation sheets with limited
supervision; work on more complex proposals with the guidance of
other members of the Bids and Proposals staff and other
- Participate in creation/discussion of Win Plans and Risk
Assessments done during bid.
- Collect and complie information from Management, Engineering,
Procurement, Sales, Accounting, Tax, Contracts, Quality, HSE as
- Prepare quotation(s)/proposal(s) as required.
- Check the finished proposal for completeness and forward the
proposal to the appropriate reviewing parties.
- Route quotations and contracts to ensure proper approvals are
obtained during bidding and contracting process.
- Communicate with external and internal clients for the purposes
of gathering feedback and associated monitoring and filing.
- Communicate with customers during the bid preparation and
clarification process as requried.
- Review basic contractual documents (POs, Work Orders, Service
Orders) from a contractual and commercial perspective to ensure
compliance with company policies and practices.
- Assist with contract execution and handover to Project
- Assist with department process improvement initiatives,
including creating and revising procedures as required.
- Interface with other departments to coordinate business related
data and conduct research associated with department projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Oil & Gas-related sales,
projects or engineering; or other relevent experience.
- Proficiency in operating basic office software packages (e.g.
MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as scanners,
copiers, projectors, computers, and printers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathamatics, Engineering or
other beneficial degree.
- Familiarity with industrial sales and proposal preparation.
- Familiarity with Powerpoint, Peoplesoft, PDM and CRM
- Subsea oil and gas industry knowledge.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Exhibit high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Use sound judgment and personal initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts in
- Ability/skill in using correct grammar, correct spelling,
sentence and document structure, accepted document formatting, and
special literary techniques to communicate a message in
- Ability to manage workload in line with key dates for
- Seek appropriate support and guidance to deliver the required
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept
informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place
within area of responsibility.
- Identifying and responding to current and future client needs;
providing excellent service to clients.
- Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner.
- Degree of trustworthiness and ethical behavior of an individual
with consideration for the knowledge one has of the impact and
consequences when making a decision or taking action.
- Identifying, assessing, and managing risk while striving to
- Ability to effectively work and complete assignments in group
settings. Works cooperatively with others to achieve common
- Ensuring that one's own and other's work and information are
complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and
presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements
and commitments have been fulfilled.
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a
designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the
hiring manager based on business need.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering International, Inc., Houston , Proposals Coordinator, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!