Posted on: January 26, 2023
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and
products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop
products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an
offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the
world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a
leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals,
subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology
expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling,
aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to set up and
operate production machines such as lathes, mills, grinders, saws.
Machine materials to drawing specifications. Reads and interprets
drawings and specifications, to include Geometric Dimensioning &
Tolerancing (GD&T), as required. Perform in process inspections
Duties & Responsibilities
- Study sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample
parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work
piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Measures, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on
material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining
- Select, align, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such
as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls
- Set up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of
machine settings or programmed control data
- Develop specifications from general description and draws
sketches of part or product to be fabricated
- Minimum five (5) years in a machining environment
- Experience must be with CNC machines (Mills & Lathes)
- Proficient in the use of quality control measuring devices
(micrometers, gauges, indicators, scales calipers, etc.)
- Ability to read and edit machine programs and comprehend
- Horizontal machining center experience required (Mazak
- Manual machinining experience a plus.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows
flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all
positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: Oceaneering, Houston , Machinist, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!