RN - Clinic Nurse - Bilingual English/Spanish - Clinical
Company: Legacy Community Health
Location: Deer Park
Posted on: January 27, 2023
RN - Clinic Nurse - Bilingual English/SpanishLegacy Community
Health is a premium, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that
provides comprehensive care to community members regardless of
their ability to pay. Our goal is to treat the entire patient while
improving their overall wellness and quality of life, in addition
to providing free pregnancy tests, HIV/AIDS screening. At Legacy,
we empower patients to lead better lives by promoting healthy
behaviors and offering resources such as literacy classes, family
planning services, and nutrition and weight management
Our roots began in 1981 as the Montrose Clinic, with specialization
in HIV education, testing, and treatment. Since then, the agency
has expanded to 10 clinics in Houston, one in Baytown, two in
Beaumont, and one in Deer Park with extensive services that
include: Adult primary care, HIV/AIDS care, pediatrics, OB/GYN and
maternity, dental, vision and behavioral health. We also service
students within KIPP and YES Prep schools. Legacy is committed to
driving healthy change in our communities.
The Clinic Nurse is responsible for assisting in the delivery of
health care and patient care management in the outpatient clinic
* Performs selected nursing and administrative duties, and assists
physicians and other providers as part of the clinical care
* Conducts pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient
charts prior to appointment with recent test results and
correspondence and determines needed services per practice
* Confers with physician/provider regarding any incomplete patient
tests/consults or other incomplete orders prior to patient
* Prepares patients for examination and treatment by escorting them
from the waiting area to the exam room and taking histories and
vital signs. Prepares, cleans and maintains exam and treatment
* Gives injections and draws blood; assists with EKGs, OB/GYN exams
and office procedures as needed; and provides other patient care
services as directed by the physicians/providers.
* Maintains sample medication records, administers medication upon
physician/provider order and responds to medication requests per
practice protocol. Prepares and maintains clinical supplies and
* Triages and responds to patient communications within practice
* Assists with scheduling tests and treatments, pre-certifying
patients for care and/or procedures, and processing referrals to
* Coordinates care with disease management or case management
programs as needed.
* Contributes to the development of policies and procedures.
Participates in professional development activities and maintains
* Creates, maintains, copies and files patient files, records and
other information as needed.
* Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients,
families, visitors and fellow employees to insure a professional,
responsible and courteous environment.
* Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as
part of a team to facilitate the clinics ability to meet its goals
* Attends all required safety training programs and can describe
his/her responsibilities related to general safety,
department/service safety, specific jobrelated hazards.
* Follows LCHSs exposure control plans/blood borne and airborne
o Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures and correct use
of protective barrier equipment (Universal Precautions).
o Assures a safe environment by instituting appropriate control
o Attends annual education programs.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Training Requirements
* Licensed in the State of Texas as an RN,
* Unrestricted Texas RN license or valid compact state
* BLS (CPR & AED) Certified
* Bilingual English/Spanish required
Work Experience Requirements
* 2 years of relevant experience
* Knowledge of medical practice and care
* Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room
* Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments
* Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions
* 9 Holiday + 1 Floating Holiday
* 403b Retirement Plan
* Medical / Vision / Dental (if eligible)
PTO Exchange will provide you with the option to convert a portion
of your accrued but unused PTO hours for use toward several
different benefits and causes, based on your own priorities.
With PTO Exchange, you can convert a portion of your unused PTO
* 403(b) Retirement contributions
* Student loan payments / Tuition for the employee
* Leave Sharing donations to fellow employees
* Tax deductible donation to Legacy
Keywords: Legacy Community Health, Houston , RN - Clinic Nurse - Bilingual English/Spanish - Clinical, Other , Deer Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!