Patient Safety Attendant (Tele-Sitter)
Company: Hicuity Health
Posted on: January 28, 2023
OverviewHicuity Health, the leading high acuity telemedicine
provider in the United States, is seeking a highly motivated and
talented individual to join our team as -a Virtual Patient Safety
Attendant (Tele-Sitter). This position is responsible for providing
ongoing continuous virtual observation to patients who require
frequent or continual surveillance and interaction due to medical,
psychiatric and/or safety reasons. - The VPSA will work in close
partnership with the bedside patient care team, to foster a safe,
comfortable and secure patient environment. - This position will
work from one of three locations: St. Louis, MO, Houston, TX or
Memphis, TN -Hicuity Health is the nations leading provider of high
acuity telehealth services, contracted to provide care to more than
100 hospitals in 27 states on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis. We are an
organization that rewards creativity, collaboration, innovation and
results. For more information, visit
- Provides continuous observation to assigned patients utilizing
in-room audio/visual equipment at all designated times unless
relieved by appropriate team member
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient as indicated
utilizing care and empathy in all interactions to promote
consistent, positive patient and family environment
- Collaborates with the bedside team to establish a safe,
comfortable patient environment utilizing knowledge of fall
prevention protocols, self-harm prevention, and patient cues that
may lead to escalating event or high-risk behavior.
- Immediately reports any and all activity or environmental
hazard(s) that fall outside of the established parameters to the
bedside licensed personnel or designee per established
- Collects and documents clear, accurate documentation of patient
activity and interactions throughout the shift per established
- Appropriately communicates all pertinent information about
assigned patient to ensure patients, physician care team, and
colleagues have a clear understanding of all required
communications in accordance with established protocols/procedures
to provide safe patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy
and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active
- Exhibits superior interpersonal skills necessary to interact
with Hicuity Health clinicians and hospital clients to provide
quality patient care outcomes
- Demonstrates professional phone etiquette.
- Follows through with issues in a timely fashion
- Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all members of the
patient care team, patients, families and all members of the
patient care team.
- Provides courteous, enthusiastic phone communication to all
clinicians at partner hospitals.
- Promptly responds to requests for service and assistance
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations and
escalates as indicated
- Responds promptly to customer needs Qualifications
- Demonstrates dependability, reliability and flexibility.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computer skills, telephone and
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment;
ability to multi-task, and possess good organizational skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Past experience as a patient safety attendant, patient sitter,
patient care technician, or hospital unit secretary is
- Must meet the Patient Safety Attendant competency
assessment/skills checklist requirements within 3 months of
- Complete CPI Verbal Intervention Training within the first 30
days of hire. -
- Responsible for maintaining ongoing CPI renewals Special Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.Hicuity Health fuses
a friendly and collegial work environment with high performance
standards. -Our compensation plans include base salary, generous
shift differentials and competitive benefit programs. - -Hicuity
Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hicuity Health, Houston , Patient Safety Attendant (Tele-Sitter), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!