Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - WellMed Medical Group - San Antonio, TX
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: January 28, 2023
A partner of the Optum Care network, WellMed Medical Group, is
seeking a nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our
WellMed at Westover Hills . At Optum, we are transforming
healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and
start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Practice with a multi-disciplinary team of heath care
- Our model is designed to provide the most efficient,
comprehensive, and proven care techniques to treat the whole
patient - physically, mentally, and socially - at each visit
- "Quality vs. Quantity Model" - Typically see 14 to 16 patients
- Patient panel is predominately geriatrics with Medicare
- Bonus incentives are based on quality metrics
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health
system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the
time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining
the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Base Salary plus Annual Quality Incentive with a target of
- Optum Care Advanced Provider Clinician Partnership Plan
- 401k with match and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 160 hours of PTO, 40 hours CME, and clinics are closed for 8
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative
health care, striving to change the face of health care for
seniors. WellMed has more than 22,000+ primary care physicians,
hospitalists, specialists, and advanced practice clinicians who
excel in caring for 900,000+ older adults across Texas and
- Certification through the American Academy of Nurse
Practitioners (AANP), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC),
or the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR
Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license or the ability to obtain one prior to
- 1+ year of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this
role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster
doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to
ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential
job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency
- A working understanding and support of a managed care
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and
communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate
companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19
vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some
roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job
function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and
local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client
COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary
information from candidates prior to employment to ensure
compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job
functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet
the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an
employment offer or termination of employment.
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians at the center of
care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led
organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care
organizations in the world, serving almost 20 million people
through more than 64,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice
clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics,
surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused
on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change
through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality
care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Houston , Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - WellMed Medical Group - San Antonio, TX, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!