Hoist / Elevator Operator
Posted on: January 28, 2023
The Man / Material Hoist Operator will support the jobsite by
transporting workers, equipment, and material to various floors of
the building and helping to maintain a safe work environment.
- Inspect the hoist, perform the safety check list on all floors
daily prior to operation.
- Distribute Walkie Talkies to each level to aid in communication
between the operator and workers.
- Open and close doors for access and egress; place the plate on
the floor too span the gap between the hoist floor and the building
- Weekly maintenance on the hoist; lock out tag out of the unit
will be required during this process.
- Maintain the clear access from the hoist ramp to the dumpsters.
Keep area clean of misc. debris.
- Maintain and inspect the handrails on the bottom platform, the
overhead protection, and the exterior fence on the perimeter
- Lock out the power to the hoist at the end of the shift.
- Gather up Walkie Talkies at the end of the shift and place in
charging station so they will be ready for operation the next
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Strong reading, written and verbal communication skills in
English, verbal communication in Spanish considered an asset but
- Valid Driver's License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job
Environment: Work is performed primarily in an outdoor setting with
exposure to all types of weather and temperature conditions, and
travel from site to site.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and
mobility to work in an office setting and field environment; to
walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; to frequently
stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and
make repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties;
to lift, carry, push, and/or pull moderate amounts of weight up to
50 lbs without assistance and greater than 50lbs with assistance;
to operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally
communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without
Hoar Holdings is an EOE - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National
Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Keywords: Hoar, Houston , Hoist / Elevator Operator, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!