Supervisor, Broadcast Delay Operator
Company: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Are you a fan of televised sports and entertainment? Do you have
a curious attention to detail and excellent organization skills?
Can you remain calm under pressure and make critical decisions?
DMED is looking for your talent to support our live television
Standards & Practices operations as a Supervising Broadcast Delay
The job requires a responsible and organized individual to create
and maintain schedules, reports and assignment lists; and manage
and arrange the training of other Operators. These tasks will
require coordination with other organizational partners in Tech and
Operations. In addition, they will be responsible for coordinating
and participating in the hiring, overseeing and handling the
performance management of a team of 4-5 recurring employees. The
successful candidate will also demonstrate expertise in the
operation of the Delay equipment - executing (video and/or audio)
edits in real time, thereby mitigating corporate risk.
A significant portion of the time for this role will be devoted to
supporting the East Coast S&P team, in reviewing and handling
documentation for advertising clearance issues - as needed. Our
team reviews advertising at all stages, from script to produced
finals, to assess overall acceptability, including issues of
tastefulness and appropriateness, truthfulness and accuracy of
advertising claims, appropriate scheduling, and a myriad of other
issues covered by respective industry guidelines and company
policy. Integral to this role is maintaining thorough records of
all communications, claim support, and other documentation obtained
and utilized in the clearance process.
Live television is always on, day and night, weekends and holidays.
The successful candidate will be regularly scheduled to work at a
television broadcast facility, working independently and in
coordination with other television professionals. This role
requires enthusiasm for television, an interest in applying rules,
the ability to make a quick decision, and the confidence to own
your decisions. A sharp eye, quick reflexes and astute
communication skills will also be required.
Skills that will make you successful in this role:
- Excellent Organization and Communication Skills
- An awareness of contemporary issues of speech on
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Enthusiasm for sports and entertainment on television.
- Ability and confidence to make thoughtful, reasoned
- Flexibility to work early morning, evening, weekend and Holiday
hours (as needed).
- Capacity to take ownership and responsibility for work
- Capacity for long periods of critical concentration with your
vision and listening skills.
- Propensity to learn and appreciate regulations and apply them
contextually as an independent thinker.
- Ability to maintain procedures and follow protocols
- Professional demeanor and commitment to excellence.
- Associates/BA/BS degree
- Delay Experience (minimum 1-2 years)
- TV production experience, or related management experience
Keywords: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate), Houston , Supervisor, Broadcast Delay Operator, Other , Spring, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!