Posted on: January 27, 2023
WorldStrides is the global leader in educational travel and
experiential learning. The company was founded over 50 years ago
and has grown to provide a wide range of programs for more than
550,000 students annually from more than 5,000 K12 schools and
universities to over 100 countries around the world. WorldStrides
offers experiential learning programs in educational travel,
performing arts, language immersion, career exploration,
service-learning, study abroad, and sports. Each of these
experiences helps students to see beyond the classroom and to see
the world - and themselves - in new ways.
Field Specialists are non-licensed guides scheduled to primarily
assist groups with arrivals and departures from the various major
airports and facilitate transportation in the Houston and Dallas
metropolitan area. This is a seasonal part-time position with a
variety of shifts between February and June 30th. There are no set
hours for this position, but rather shifts that reflect the needs
of the company and the volume of groups traveling at any given
time. Starting pay for this role is $15.00 per hour.
- Efficiently and effectively handle groups and vendors in a
- Manage any issues that arise with the group during the
- Remain professional, positive, and friendly during challenging
- Accommodate special requests and anticipate the needs of the
- Maintain open communication with the office staff throughout
Perks at Work:
- Flexible schedule
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid downtime
At WorldStrides, the experience is everything. By joining our team
you help provide moments that delight and open up the world of
learning. Our team is truly passionate about making each experience
a once in a lifetime opportunity for each traveler that is easy to
manage from A to Z. Each journey is different, which is why we
offer a broad range of experiential learning programs for groups
and individuals of all ages throughout their lifelong learning
If we've learned anything since 2020, it's that being able to
experience different places and things while interacting with new
people is imperative to not only personal growth but also to
general well-being. So, let's get out there-together. To learn more
about our brand, our mission and our commitment to health and
safety, please visit our website at .
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, WorldStrides` is committed to
building a diverse workforce, supported by an environment that
promotes inclusion and belonging. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws.
- Must have availability during peak times - February through
- Team player that works well with students, teachers, local
vendors, and WorldStrides staff.
- Ability to navigate a group through the city by foot and metro
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Experience working with student populations preferred.
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Skilled at multitasking and able to work with minimal
- Basic fundamental computer literacy/skills.
- Able to remain on your feet for assigned shifts and to lift
and/or move up to 30 pounds when assisting travelers with
Keywords: WorldStrides, Houston , Field Specialist, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!