Heavy Forklift Operator (Trainee)
Company: Vallourec - North America
Posted on: March 19, 2023
- Operates equipment safely.
- Perform daily checks (maintenance) of equipment.
- Transport Pipe up to 50' in length and loads up to 20,000 lbs.
from process to process in an unpaved pipe yard.
- Load and unload trucks carrying above mentioned material.
- Maintain concise and accurate records of products moved.
- Perform physical verification of product moved and enter
tubular movements on computer and utilize inquiries on portable
- Ensure proper handling/storage of product as required by
customer and API specifications.
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned work area.
- Maintains correct inventory.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control
movement of lifting apparatus.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with
materials as needed.
- Lubricates truck and fills fuel tank
- Trainee's and drivers will still be expected to fill in as yard
helpers when asked by supervisors. These tasks include yard
maintenance like painting, cutting and placing dunnage on pipe
racks, trash pick-up etc.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives. BASIC
- Read and comprehend work instructions written in English
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Driver's License
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions
- Uses equipment and materials properly
- Ability to work rotational shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness to work out in elements (uncovered pipe yard)
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or GED
Preferred: 1+ years operating a forklift, particularly in pipe
Preferred: Forklift Training (Large Capacity)
Required: Valid Drivers License
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES & CAPABILITIES:
Directable, Teamwork, Adaptability, Accountability,
Safety awareness, Ability to receive and provide constructive
feedback , Pride in performance, Continuous Improvement/Quality,
Communication , Positive responses to change, High attention to
Keywords: Vallourec - North America, Houston , Heavy Forklift Operator (Trainee), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...