Company: Dayton Independent School District
Posted on: March 20, 2023
POSITION TITLE: Custodian
- Preferred High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective grooming skills
- Ability to lift 55 pounds to shoulder height occasionally
- Ability to push / pull a minimum of 20 pounds frequently
REPORTS TO: Head Custodian of building.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform major cleaning tasks such as vacuuming (using a 20 lb.
vacuum daily for 3-4 hours), wet-mopping, sweeping, dusting,
emptying trash (lifting waste paper and debris - minimum of 55
lbs.) and pencil sharpeners, cleaning chalkboards and disinfecting
- Clean restrooms, including floors and all fixtures (i.e.:
urinals, toilets, sinks, mirrors, partitions, and counters). Ensure
restrooms are clean and disinfected.
- Wash windows and sills (door glass).
- Perform ongoing tasks such as replacing light bulbs (climb
ladders up to a height of 16 feet), filling dispensers, and setting
up facilities for student and adult use (lifting furniture, boxes,
and cafeteria tables-minimum of 55 lbs.).
- Make minor building repairs and promptly report major repairs
needed to the Head Custodian.
- Work overtime and on weekends as necessary to meet District
events and facility schedules.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are appropriately
- Must be able to go up and down stairs frequently, as well as
regular bending and standing as needed in a daily shift.
- Assist in major clean-up in summer such as washing desks and
chairs, washing down walls, stripping and waxing floors, etc.
- Pull weeds, keep grounds free of rubbish and in winter shovel
snow from steps and sidewalks and apply ice melt when appropriate.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a professional relationship with students, faculty,
administration and community patrons.
- Submit all data and information as requested.
- Regularly monitor district email for pertinent
- Attend meetings as scheduled by supervisors and District
- Complete requested paperwork.
Keywords: Dayton Independent School District, Houston , Custodian Substitute, Other , Dayton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...