Sr. Lead Accountant
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Come Join an Inclusive Team:
This position reports to the Lease Accounting Manager and is
responsible in the delivery of the Lease Accounting strategy and
process performance outcomes for the global organization in line
with the overall Record to Report ("RTR") strategy. This role would
also perform the end-to end process design for the defined Lease
Accounting process elements and actively work with
business/functional representatives of interfacing process elements
(e.g. other RTR teams, GPU, Manufacturing).
Day in the Life:
As it relates to the Lease Accounting process:
- Monitor lease management shared inbox on daily basis to respond
to various requests from functional representatives (FRs) and
Contract Sponsors (CSs).
- Coordinate and monitor lease activity with FRs/CSs and obtain
lease contracts and amendments. Actively monitor and update the
FRs/CSs distribution lists.
- Log new contracts and modifications submitted by FRs/CSs in the
master contract log. Make any other changes communicated by the
team or FRs/CSs to the contract master log.
- Prepare monthly finance lease accounting journal entries and
other as considered necessary.
- Prepare quarterly LT-ST finance lease liability reclass entries
and account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts. Work with
FRs on any reconciling items.
- Request IBR support, prepare monthly IBR calculation and
provide conclusion on upload in lease accounting system.
- Coordinate with FRs/CSs to monitor lease activity and provide
support related to lease accounting, as needed).
- Perform quarterly and annual SOX controls and make any changes
communicated by the FRs to the master contract log.
- Provide support to complete various audit requests.
- In conjunction with the external reporting group, develops,
prepares and maintains quarterly and annual lease accounting
reporting packages including disclosures to support regulatory
filings under US GAAP and IFRS.
- Abstract, review and validate key data elements for leases to
be loaded to the lease accounting software.
- Perform lease determination and classification conclusions
under US GAAP and IFRS
- Assist in managing the LAS tool, including master data updates,
accuracy of calculations, etc. and perform testing for various LAS
- Assists in building, maintaining and updating global corporate
lease accounting policies and procedures.
- Work on various ad-hoc projects for continual process
- Contribute to an effective cross-functional team, with but not
limited to, procurement, supply chain, manufacturing, accounting
and treasury to establish and embed continuous improvement
opportunities across the spectrum of tasks/activities/controls in
the end-to-end Lease Accounting process.
- Contribute to a culture of high performance within the team,
ensuring the Company's performance management process is embedded
and completed within the timelines. This include initiating formal
performance reviews to obtain real-time affirmative and
constructive feedback that is linked to clearly defined and SMART
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of a process to
identify issues, perform root cause analysis and contribute to the
establishment of appropriate mitigation plans to drive issues to
- Helps identify and prioritize process improvement opportunities
and propose to the Lease Accounting manager and the Process
- Assist the Lease Accounting Manager in preparing SEC and IFRS
lease-related information before submission, as needed.
- Track process performance indicators and metrics and assist in
providing explanation regarding trends in performance against
- Supports in the development, implementation and maintenance of
appropriate accounting procedures and process controls in
accordance with Sarbanes Oxley and in compliance with corporate and
You Bring This Value:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting is required.
- Professional Accounting Certification (CPA or Chartered
Accountant) is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in an
accounting/finance function or role with exposure to the new lease
accounting standard under both US GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong computer skills and SAP experience is preferred but not
- Strong analytical, organizational as well as verbal, written,
and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and ability to work within
- Ability to communicate and respond to questions from business
operators and corporate personnel.
This is What we Offer:
We offer employees a competitive total compensation package, which
includes base pay and variable incentive pay programs. This
supports a pay-for-performance culture, recognizing both individual
and company performance, as well as benefit programs that are
highly attractive and competitive within the markets for which we
compete for talent.
- The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible
employees the option to work up to three days a week from
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Retirement (Pension) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Educational Assistance
- Choice of Preferred Provider or Consumer Driven Medical Plan
including Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental, Vision and Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D and LTD Insurance
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
We are LyondellBasell - a leader in the global chemical industry
creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through
advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a
circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to unlock
value for our customers, investors and society. As one of the
world's largest producers of polymers and a leader in polyolefin
technologies, we develop, manufacture and market high-quality and
innovative products for applications ranging from sustainable
transportation and food safety to clean water and quality
healthcare. For more information, please visit
www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to
work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited r--sum--s or
phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party
representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US
EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Keywords: LyondellBasell, Houston , Sr. Lead Accountant, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...