Peace Officer- PRN (Nights)
Company: Houston Methodist
Posted on: May 28, 2023
JOB SUMMARYAt Houston Methodist, the Peace Officer position is
responsible for providing police authority by enforcing federal and
state laws and city ordinances, as appropriate. This position
provides law enforcement services and assists in protecting the
rights and property of individuals throughout Houston Methodist.
The position must take and maintain control of disruptive
individuals for arrest by local law enforcement. The Peace Officer
position must be employed by a licensed police agency and possess a
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (T.C.O.L.E.) license, that will
also serve as evidence of use of force training. PATIENT AGE
GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVEDRefer to departmental "Scope of
Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for
description of primary age groups and populations served by this
job for the respective HM entity.HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE
- Provide personalized care and service by consistently
demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional,
ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth,
dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model
for others to emulate.
- Focuses on patient/customer safety
- Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
- Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by
following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive
Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
- Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their
needs are being met
- Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports
byenabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable
to the given jobPRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIESJob responsibilities
labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the
job.PEOPLE - 35 %
- Protects the rights and property of individuals and provides
law enforcement services throughout Houston Methodist. (EF)
- Actively responds to requests for personal security coverage,
assistance with directions, information and guidance. (EF)
- Interacts with individuals in a supportive and respectful
manner creating a positive work environment and contributing to a
dynamic, team-focused work unit. (EF)
- Uses excellent, clear and professional communication skills to
achieve mutual understanding and problem resolution, while
providing the highest quality service during every patient, visitor
and staff encounter. (EF)SERVICE - 20 %
- Responds to all radio dispatches, answers calls and complaints
and assesses and makes recommendations as needed for all emergent
- Performs duties in a designated fixed-post assignment.
- Secures premises and individuals by patrolling facilities,
monitoring surveillance cameras, monitoring access points and
permitting entry as needed. (EF)QUALITY/SAFETY - 25 %
- Accurately communicates and/or generates and completes reports
by recording occurences, information, observations, surveillance
activities and conducting witness interviews. (EF)
- Maintains a safe environment, following all policies and
procedures for safety, hazardous material, emergency preparedness
and HIPAA. (EF)
- Participates in training, drills and actual events according to
policies and procedures. (EF)FINANCE - 10 %
- Prevents loss and damage by reporting irregularities.
Facilitates policies regarding restitution, as appropriate.
- Utilizes and maintains HM and department equipment according to
manufacturer specifications. (EF)
- Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and
prioritize daily tasks. Uses resources effectively and efficiently;
does not waste supplies, minimizing incidental overtime, optimizing
efficiency in all areas according to department specifications.
(EF)GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
- Assists and promotes a culture of workplace safety and
proactively prevents workplace violence. (EF)
- Supports Houston Methodist and department goals and offers
innovative solutions through participation in department projects.
Assumes responsibility for self-growth and development by
participating in in-services programs and continuing education.
(EF)This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the
employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job
duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise
job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EDUCATION
- Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing
body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations section. EXPERIENCE
- Employed by a licensed law enforcement agency
- One (1) year law enforcement experienceCERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES
AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Current Texas Commission on Law Enforcement license
- Commissioned through law enforcement agencyKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely
perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills,
competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the
English language necessary to perform the essential functions of
this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or
employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians,
family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a
customer service focus and application of positive language
- Understand HIPAA and Patient confidentiality compliance
- Demonstrates emergency preparedness knowledge
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft
Office software and Webmail.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and
function calmly in stressful situations including handling of, or
exposure to confidential/sensitive information
- Ability to assess and evaluate information effectively, ability
to identify critical issues quickly and accurately, attention to
detail and proficiency in documentationSUPPLEMENTAL
REQUIREMENTSWork AttireYes/NoUniform YesScrubsNoBusiness
professionalNoOther (dept approved) NoOn-Call* No (for Non-Exempt
or Exempt jobs)*Note that employees may be required to be on-call
during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc)
regardless of selection above. - -Travel** -May require travel
within No -Houston Metropolitan area -May require travel outside No
of Houston Metropolitan area -**Travel specifications may vary by
department. Please note any other special considerations to this
job: Official law enforcement uniform in coordination with Houston
Methodist dress code standardsHouston Methodist Willowbrook
Hospital opened in December 2000 to serve the comprehensive health
care needs of the growing community in Northwest Houston. - The 310
bed hospital has 23 operating rooms, and more than 2,100 employees.
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has been named a Magnet
recognized health care facility by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center's (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program -. Houston
Methodist Willowbrook Hospital is Northwest Houston's regional
leader in robotic minimally-invasive surgeries and specializes in
cardiology and cardiovascular services, neurology, neurosurgery,
orthopedics and sports medicine, and comprehensive cancer services.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital has a Breast Care Center,
Cancer Center, Imaging Center, Infusion Center, Sleep Center,
Surgical Weight Loss Center and operates the largest Childbirth
Center in the greater Northwest Houston area.
Keywords: Houston Methodist, Houston , Peace Officer- PRN (Nights), Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...