Job Cost/General Accountant
Company: Southwest Shipyard Lp
Posted on: November 19, 2023
SUMMARY OF COMPANYSouthwest Shipyard, LP provides gas freeing
and cleaning services, steaming, and flaring services, Barge and
boat repair, Surface preparation and painting, water treatment and
new construction services to the commercial and government marine
industry. Southwest Shipyard owns and operates four (4) shipyards
in South Texas with direct deep-water access to the Gulf of Mexico.
We take pride in our dedicated and experienced workforce that
focuses on Quality, Safety and Environmental Excellence. Our motto
is "Faster, Safer, better". JOB SUMMARY This position performs
Accounts Receivable, Invoicing and Job Cost Functions of the
Finance Department, as well as provide back-up to these positions
as needed. RESPONSIBILITIESThis position's job functions include,
but are not limited to:Job Cost Functions:
- Collaborate in the development of job estimating procedures and
- Review and update the company's standard costs.
- Create a review plan to routinely update cost standards.
- Review all produced jobs to compare actual costs to prior
estimated costs to ensure continued improvement.
- Make recommendations for operating improvements.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.Accounting Functions:
- Accounts Receivables reporting including aging, analytics, and
- Maintain / update customer files including contracts, insurance
information (Certificate of Insurance), and collection history.
Ensure contact information for all customers is verified and
constantly updated. This includes the process for setting up new
customers and all due diligence work involved.
- Key participant in month-end closing process and financial
reporting, including posting journal entries, analyzing B/S and I/S
accounts, accruals, and other duties as deemed necessary by the
accounting department management.
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations, as needed.
- Process monthly Sales & Use Tax filings
- Participate in annual audits. MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must be proficient in English and be able to communicate
effectively with others; Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Strong computer skills required with the ability to quickly
learn new systems.
- A self-starter, highly motivated, "get-the-job-done"
- Must possess a strong commitment to data integrity and process
- Excellent time management skills: ability to manage multiple
details and deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written and
must be comfortable interfacing with project managers in the
- Knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Excel
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface
with all levels of management.
- Must have good judgment skills, and a high-level work
- Must be able to understand and abide by all company and safety
regulations and policies.
- Must be able to work independently, without direct
- Understand company quality manual and procedures described
there inPHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTSThe employee must be able to
perform the essential functions of the job with or without
reasonable workplace accommodation. The individual must also be
able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective
equipment (PPE) to work or visit within areas where it is required.
In addition, the Employee must also be capable of:
- Walking, stepping, climbing, or otherwise moving from one
location on the job site to another.
- Standing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, reaching, climbing, or
sitting for long periods of time.
- Repetitive movements by feet, shoulders, arms, wrists, hands,
and back in the performance of work.
- This position operates in a clerical office setting. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. The Company
expects and requires all employees to observe and fulfill all
safety responsibilities as outlined in workplace safety training
and actively work toward maintaining a safe workplace. Failure to
do so can result in disciplinary action, up to and including
termination of employment. Regular attendance and punctuality are
required of all employees. Employment at Southwest Shipyard, LP is
on an "at-will" basis. There is no contract of employment between
Southwest Shipyard, L.P., and anyone or all its employees unless
explicitly stated elsewhere. Employment security cannot be
guaranteed for or by any employee. No Manager, Supervisor, or
employee of the Company has any authority to enter into an
agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to
make an agreement for employment other than at-will. Only the Owner
or President has the authority to modify the at-will relationship,
and then only in writing specifically addressed to the employee on
this issue and signed by Southwest Shipyard, L.P. Executive.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with competencies in Accounts
Receivable, Job Cost Accounting, Month-end close and General Ledger
- 3 years in a supervisory role WORK SCHEDULERegular attendance
and punctuality are required of all employees. Monday-Friday -
Channelview Location - 8:00am to 5:00pm18310 Market St, Channelview
Tx, 77530 Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice. BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life).
- 401(k)/Retirement Savings.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Paid-Time off/Holidays.
- Career Path Opportunities EEO Statement Southwest Shipyard, LP
is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will
receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.? Southwest Shipyard,
LP participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.?
Southwest Shipyard, LP is not currently accepting unsolicited
resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes
submitted by search firms to any employee at Southwest Shipyard,
LP, via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at
Southwest Shipyard, LP in any form without a valid written
agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the
sole property of Southwest Shipyard, LP. As a result, no fee will
be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Southwest Shipyard,
Keywords: Southwest Shipyard Lp, Houston , Job Cost/General Accountant, Other , Channelview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!