Central Waste Water Operator
Company: Southwest Shipyard Lp
Posted on: November 19, 2023
SUMMARY OF COMPANYSouthwest Shipyard, LP provides gas freeing
and cleaning services, steaming, and flaring services, Barge and
boat repair, Surface preparation and painting, water treatment and
new construction services to the commercial and government marine
industry. Southwest Shipyard owns and operates four (4) shipyards
in South Texas with direct deep-water access to the Gulf of Mexico.
We take pride in our dedicated and experienced workforce that
focuses on Quality, Safety and Environmental Excellence. Our motto
is "Faster, Safer, Better". JOB SUMMARY Operating CWT relative to
treatability within plant (Determined by profile and CA results).
Performing comparative analysis (CA) and making decisions between
sampled truck and profiled waste stream RESPONSIBILITIES
- Retrieve samples from trucks/tanks; climbing ladders will be
- Maintain wastewater treatment plant operations, including
process supervision with accompanying compliance reporting.
- Interact with pc database to reflect results of CA.
- Willing to learn and perform various analytical wastewater
- Offload industrial wastewater at various unloading locations
throughout the plant.
- Manage tank levels and chemistry.
- Record tank levels through predefined database
- Perform wastewater treatment functions in compliance with
quality assurance requirements specified in Quality & Environmental
Manuals and procedures.
- Willing to undergo specific training for wastewater licenses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.MINIMUM JOB
- Required to arrive at work on time and work overtime hours as
- Mandatory drug testing prior to employment, and will be subject
to random, unannounced drug and/or alcohol tests during
- Must have good judgment skills and work initiative and take
good directions from Manager.
- Understand general policies and procedures as described in the
quality & environmental manuals.
- Required to undergo a training program and participate in
refresher training as needed.
- Must have or be eligible for TWIC card.
- Chemical lab environment. Requires occasional kneeling,
standing, walking, twisting. Regular climbing, and the ability to
lift and carry.
- Work in varied conditions (i.e.: heat, cold, rain, ice, snow,
etc.), mostly inside and intermittently outside.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and local
environmental and safety regulations regarding proper waste
management and disposal.
- Sample wastes, as needed, for required analytical testing.
- Manage analytical testing (as needed) complying with laws &
regulations applicable to waste disposal.
- Maintain lab/pretreat area logs to track how many types of
waste streams in each area and dates that loads are placed into
tanks to report for discharge. PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS The
employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the job
with or without reasonable workplace accommodation. The individual
must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal
protective equipment (PPE) to work or visit within areas where it
is required. This includes hard hat, safety glasses, life vest,
respirators, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, personal flotation
devices (PFD's), or other protective equipment as required by the
work performed and location the work is being done. In addition,
Employees in this position must also be capable of:
- Walking, stepping, climbing, or otherwise moving from one
location on the job site to another, which may be of varying
heights and access parameters.
- Standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, squatting,
climbing, crawling, or sitting for long periods of time.
- Repetitive movements by feet, shoulders, arms, wrists, hands
and back in performance of work.
- Climbing stairs, and/or vertical ladders of varying
- Working in confined work areas and/or elevated heights.
- Lifting objects of minimum of 10lbs, with maximum single-person
lift limit of 50lbs, with frequent lifting and carrying.
- Adapting to temperature changes, outdoor conditions, and
prolonged exposure to dusty, wet, or humid conditions, loud noises,
- Visually inspecting equipment and verifying information, often
in small print.
- Driving and/or operating heavy machinery safely and be always
alert and aware of surroundings.
- Applying sideways/upward/downward pressure to tighten and
loosen hardware. The Company expects and requires all employees to
observe and fulfill all safety responsibilities as outlined in
workplace safety training, and actively work toward maintaining a
safe workplace. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action,
up to and including termination of employment. Regular attendance
and punctuality are required of all employees. EXPERIENCE &
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must be proficient in English, reading-writing-speaking, and
understand MSDS information.
- Must be computer literate with MS Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook). WORK SCHEDULE Regular attendance and punctuality are
required of all employees. Monday-Friday -7:00 a.m. to 5:00
p.m.Saturday: 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.,Channelview Location: 18310
Market. St. Channelview Tx, 77530 Please note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may
change at any time with or without notice. BENEFITS
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life).
- 401(k)/Retirement Savings.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Paid-Time off/Holidays.
- Career Path Opportunities EEO Statement Southwest Shipyard, LP
is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will
receive consideration without regard to race, color, age, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.? Southwest Shipyard,
LP participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.?
Southwest Shipyard, LP is not currently accepting unsolicited
resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes
submitted by search firms to any employee at Southwest Shipyard,
LP, via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at
Southwest Shipyard, LP in any form without a valid written
agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the
sole property of Southwest Shipyard, LP. As a result, no fee will
be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Southwest Shipyard,
Keywords: Southwest Shipyard Lp, Houston , Central Waste Water Operator, Other , Channelview, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!