Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Company: Powell Industries
Location: Galena Park
Posted on: November 20, 2023
The primary purpose of the Sourcing Specialist position is to
provide skilled assistance in the strategic sourcing and supplier
management of goods, equipment, or services. Interacts with
customers and stakeholders in identifying categories of spend
optimal for strategic sourcing. Posted position does not allow for
- Implements strategic sourcing and category strategies in
accordance with policies and procedures
- Develops accurate and detailed sourcing analysis in support of
that deliver the best Supply Chain value to Powell
- Will support one or more related categories as directed by
- Monitors supply markets, conducts market intelligence, and
utilizes information obtained to develop supplier-sourcing
- Assists in the implementation of supplier RFI/RFQ/RFP and uses
financial models such as Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Lease vs.
Buy, and Economic Value Models to evaluate materials and
- Leads negotiation with Suppliers including developing and
executing cost reduction and cost avoidance strategies and
- Contributes to planning and execution of improvement actions
with suppliers and Powell divisions
- Ensures continued compliance of suppliers with all Powell
regulatory requirements and sourcing guidelines
- Participates in Supply Chain governance and performance
- Implement Excel-based analysis with the ability to retrieve
data from Oracle and other software systems and Power apps where
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Business/Technical
- 3+ years of professional experience in Sourcing, Supplier
Management, or Procurement
- Result-orientated, analytical, decisive, team and
customer-oriented, strong communicator, and innovative.
- Certification as a Supply Chain Professional preferred
- Temperature controlled working environment.
- Typical office environment: may experience minor discomfort
from extensive use of a computer display and keyboard; travel
between buildings on campus and between campuses.
- Some travel required (10-20%).
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling
when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending
- Sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers
- Perceiving size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20
In our 70+ year history, Powell has always known that our employees
are at the heart of our success. Without question, we have the most
talented people in all parts of our organization. As a
manufacturer, we recruit and hire experienced and knowledgeable
applicants to ensure our product is engineered, fabricated and
assembled to customer specifications!
Powered by Innovation - Powell's culture has and will always be
founded in our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do
it. Become a part of our story, and let us help you write yours.
Hard work pays off in all of our teams, with opportunity for
advancement and promotion without sacrificing work-life balance.
Successful candidates must have a legal authorization to work in
the United States on a full-time basis, with only those candidates
selected for interview contacted.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
If you need an accommodation in the hiring process, you may contact
. Application status inquiries will not be accepted in this
Keywords: Powell Industries, Houston , Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Other , Galena Park, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!