Accounts Receivable Clerk - Location: 322 Almeda Genoa Rd.
Posted on: November 20, 2023
We are Alsco Uniforms. We've been working hard for our customers
since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry.
Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over
350,000 customers in 13 countries. It's our job every day to make
every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our
customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a
result, we have a long history of strong financial performance,
continuous improvement, and customer service. We're seeking driven
professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We'd love
to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse
individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with
competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible to the Office Manager
for the collection and maintenance of all charge accounts in
accordance with company policy. With excellent communication
skills, will be able to resolve A/R issues appropriately and
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Process customer payments according to company policy.
- Follow the branch collection strategy in monitoring customer
accounts for non-payment, skipped invoices and partial
- Provide regular communication to management regarding status of
- Organize a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Complete monthly and quarterly closing statement processes and
- Communicate with customers via phone, e-mail, mail or in person
to make payment arrangements on delinquent accounts.
- Perform reference checks of all credit applications and report
findings to management.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Submit accounts to management for bad debt write off.
- Fax or e-mail invoices to customers for payment.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- May perform some of the other general office functions.
- Proficient with MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheets
summarizing aging/past due accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English,
especially in telephone skills.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work
successfully in a team environment.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills; detail
- Show successful experience in the ability to enthusiastically
press into action collection efforts.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of general business operating
procedures and be proficient in data entry.
- Some business or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, walking,
sitting, talking on the phone, occasionally lifting up to 25 lbs.,
stooping, typing, fine dexterity, hearing and speaking.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Indoor offices, meeting rooms of a typical industrial laundry,
service center or depot.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for
this position, please visit alsco.com/benefits.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
Revised: 04/29/2022 Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Alsco, Houston , Accounts Receivable Clerk - Location: 322 Almeda Genoa Rd., Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!