Patient Access Representative III Mon-Fri with rotating Saturdays 7:30 AM - 4 PM
Company: Memorial Hermann Health System
Posted on: November 20, 2023
At Memorial Hermann, we pursue a common goal of delivering high
quality, efficient care while creating exceptional experiences for
every member of our community. When we say every member of our
community, that includes our employees. We know that when our
employees feel cared for, heard and valued, they are inspired to
create moments that exceed expectations, while prioritizing safety,
compassion, personalization and efficiency. If you want to advance
your career and contribute to our vision of creating healthier
communities, now and for generations to come, we want you to be a
part of our team.
Position is responsible for mentoring other employees as a team
leader, scheduling patient appointments, ensuring medical necessity
compliance, verifying eligibility, and posting payments.Job
Shift: Mon-Fri with rotating Saturdays 7:30 AM - 4 PM
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Three (3) years of experience in a hospital or medical business
- Ability to multi-task.
- Proficient typing/keyboarding skills.
- Supervisory and/or leadership experience preferred.
- Schedules patient appointments and enters required information
in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from
patient or guarantor. Enters information in computer system with a
high degree of accuracy.
- Explains all required forms to the patient or guarantor and
obtains the necessary signatures.
- Ensures medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary
data, reviewing Compliance System, communicating information to
patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures.
- Protects the financial integrity of the facility by collecting
patient liability, establishing payment arrangements, discussing
payment options and screening for eligibility. Completes complex
financial counseling including the review and submission of charity
applications. Identifies alternative resources for financial
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and ensures all
notifications and authorizations are completed within the required
- Posts payments in the computer system and generates the
appropriate patient receipts.
- Monitors, reviews and resolves patient account issues on
assigned reports. Performs account analysis and trending.
- Completes quality review and monitors for process improvement
- Functions as a team leader in the department by ensuring daily
processes are complete, scheduling employees, providing answers to
employee questions and assisting in employee orientation and
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner with
Physicians, Care Management, ancillary departments, nursing units,
physicians' office staff, insurance companies, as well as patients
and their families (all Patient Access customers). Completes
thorough and accurate documentation.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to
all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply
management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by
meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills
competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and
resource to less experienced staff.
- Demonstrates commitment to caring for every member of our
community by creating compassionate and personalized experiences.
Models Memorial Hermann's service standards by providing safe,
caring, personalized and efficient experiences to patients and
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston , Patient Access Representative III Mon-Fri with rotating Saturdays 7:30 AM - 4 PM, Other , Spring, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!