Project Engineer - Automation
Company: Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
Posted on: November 12, 2019
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories - Engineering Services (SEL-ES)
seeks an Automation Engineer who has a strong technical background
in electrical power systems. Successful candidates will have power
system automation, software, integration and automation, industrial
controls, PLCs, industry protocols (IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus),
Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and industry SCADA practices
background and knowledge.
If you are an engineer with demonstrated experience in electric
power systems and are interested in applying your skills to
promote, support, and develop distribution control products and
solutions that serve the electric power industry, we invite you to
apply to this opportunity in our quickly growing Houston, TX
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses, understands and applies the fundamental concepts,
practices and procedures of ?? power system automation.
- Train and assist customers with the creation, design,
configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and
operation of automation.
- Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope,
schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Participate in the preparation of functional design
- Prepare and maintain detailed design documents, reports,
checklists, test reports, and deliverables.
- Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and
World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Good knowledge of electric power system protection and control,
integration and/or automation and communications applications.
- Working knowledge of electric power system design, studies,
information and communication technology and protective relay
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a
minimum of 25% based on focus area.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills.
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL.
- Negative drug test result(s).
- 2+ years relevant application experience with electric power
systems, industry practices, and software, integration and
automation, industrial controls, PLCs, industry protocols
(IEC-61850, DNP, Modbus), Ethernet systems, protocol analyzers, and
industry SCADA practices.
- Engineer in Training certificate.
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering,
or system integrator experience.
- Project engineering experience.
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management
Houston, TX -This position is located in Houston, TX. Ranked
America's fourth largest city, whatever your interest you will find
it here. Enjoy sports teams, world class dining, and first rate
entertainment. Enjoy signature Houston attractions like Space
Center Houston and The Grand Opera. Escape the city with easy beach
access just one hour away. Houston offers exceptional schools and
universities, making it a great place to live and work.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a
reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This
has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and
industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and
geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of
resume or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication,
please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not
blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your
receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position
updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
SEL partners with customers around the world to ensure the safe,
reliable, and economical delivery of electric power. We design,
manufacture, and support a complete line of products and services
for the protection, monitoring, control, automation, and metering
of electric power systems. As an employee-owned company, SEL---s
core values drive the way we view our community, industry, company,
and environment. At SEL you will find challenging work,
state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In
addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and
inventors in the industry.We strive to exceed customer expectations
in all aspects of our services. We define strategic objectives,
operational improvement plans, and individual process improvement
goals and action plans to serve as our road map for our journey of
continual improvement. If you are looking for an opportunity to
work in a diverse, exciting, rewarding, and challenging career,
your search ends here!
Keywords: Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Houston , Project Engineer - Automation, Other , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!