Manager, Vessel Planning
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Manager, Vessel Planning
Welcome to Hapag-Lloyd, a leading global logistics company. We are
a team of nearly 12,800 employees working across 400 offices in 130
countries. All working together to ensure the flow of goods never
stops. Right now, we re hiring a Manager, Vessel Planning in
Houston, TX. Let s navigate the future, together.
What does it mean to join a leading global liner shipping company?
It means you ll have access to outstanding technology and
challenging job opportunities around the world. It means working
for a company that cares about the environment, safety, and quality
management. It means we set high standards. That s how we ve been
setting the benchmark for more than 170 years. Now here s your
chance to become a part of what we do next.
- Create stowage plans according to established booking
guidelines and forecasting procedures. COD s and Special cargo such
as out-of-gauge, break-bulk must be pre-approved, and stowed as per
Hapag-Lloyd guidelines. All necessary information must be exchanged
on agreed forms and at agreed intervals.
- Compare booking status against forecasts and check against
vessel s capacity.
- Monitor the allocation of Lines and the vessel in close contact
with product management and partners
- Create and maintain Coastal schedules for all ships operated by
Hapag-Lloyd in the Region. This includes the monitoring of canal
transits, berth availability and equipment, so as to take necessary
- Coordinate vessel operations in ports through communicating
with the ships masters for operations within the ports, including
the updating of tank statements to ensure vessel stability can be
- Provide and advise the vessel with calculations for stability,
trim, shear forces, torsion, bending moments, draft, and air
- Communicate and coordinate with stevedores to order labor and
make sure that the plan is followed for loading and unloading cargo
to assure safety, reduce costs and appropriately maximize
- Approve TDR s and provide RDR s to establish distribution
lists, within required timeframes.
- Addresses any queries regarding stowage or operation of the
- University Degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Maritime Industry or the
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years of vessel planning experience
- Ability to handle details and resolve problems
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong listening, verbal and written communication
- Self-starter, self-motivated, resourceful and
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and good
- Demonstrated ability to be multi-task, set priorities, organize
work and implement action items
- Computer literate with experience in MS Office
Hapag-Lloyd is an Equal Opportunity employer that maintains a
drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse
This is a great opportunity to grow with an industry leader.
Apply Online Below
Keywords: Hapag-Lloyd, Houston , Manager, Vessel Planning, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!