Senior Accounting Analyst
Company: Tokio Marine HCC
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Position at Tokio Marine HCC
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with
offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and
Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and
underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio
Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the
industry, and many of the Company's over 3,000 employees are
This position is titled Senior Reinsurance Analyst within the
We are looking for a dynamic Reinsurance Analyst to join the TMHCC
team! Your expertise will be needed to perform progressively
complex reinsurance and accounting activities relating to the
maintenance of ledger accounts, financial statements, and the
development of associated managerial reports for reinsurance
- Prepare Loss Triangles for applicable lines of business.
- Respond to inquiries from reinsurers/brokers concerning
settlements, Claims, and Collections and coordinate responses from
the various departments.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare and post
entries to general ledger account and to document business
transactions as well as the preparation of various reports
including but not limited to facualtive, treaty, and excess of loss
- Analyze, research, and develop a work plan for stale dated
reinsurance issues with missing data.
- Review settlements prepared by Associate Reinsurance Analysts
and Reinsurance Analysts for accuracy and completeness.
- Interact and assist internal and external auditors, as
necessary for reinsurance matters.
- Proactively detect, research, and resolve reconciliation items
as they relate to reinsurer balances.
- Update profit commission and sliding scale calculations as
needed for accrual and collection purposes.
- Research reinsurance transactions for commutations and
otherwise provide support to the commutation process.
- Prepare financial reports such as balance sheets and income
- Perform/Assist in banking activities such as letters of credit,
collateral for specified accounts, and preparing draws against
reinsurers' letters of credit or trust accounts.
- Prepare various ad hoc reports using advanced Excel skills
(pivot tables and macros).
- Detailed review of various "Schedule F" quarterly files.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field, or
the equivalent education and/or experience
- Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) designation or progress towards
ARe designation preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional
- People Soft and Genius exposure preferred
- Solid understanding of reinsurance principles and the
- Understanding of the general applications of a reinsurance
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of
principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an
emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated
ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical
developments related to applicable area of the Company's business
to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office
package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Tokio Marine HCC offers a competitive salary and employee benefit
package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing
rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual
to join our team of professionals. Tokio Marine HCC and its
subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit
www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.
Keywords: Tokio Marine HCC, Houston , Senior Accounting Analyst, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!