Market Sales Specialist
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Company Overview HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Responsible for growing the business by developing sales
and ensuring that customers receive the highest level of service
possible. Ensure that pricing and contracts are consistently,
accurately, and ethically administered in a timely manner. Major
Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Establishes and achieves sales growth and profit objectives
through the development, implementation, and monitoring of an
annual sales plan.
- Develops and implements strategies to maintain and/or expand
sales volume and profit margin within the assigned customer
- Prepares a plan for each account to identify the customer's
short- and long-term needs, as well as outlining specific goals to
meet those needs.
- Contacts established and prospective customers to solicit
orders. Primary means of contact is via telephone, though
management may require face-to-face customer contact in some
- Answers questions about products, prices, and durability.
Prepares estimates and bids to meet specific needs of
- Maintains a current and accurate base of product knowledge and
applies that knowledge when servicing customers.
- Serves as point of contact for escalating issues or activities
that the customer encounters during product
implementation/utilization. Expedites the resolution of customer
- Assists the Credit Department in obtaining information that
enables the company to minimize risks associated with the extension
of credit to customers. Engages in and supports collection efforts
on past due amounts owed by a customer. Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in
more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or
direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support or professional personnel. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce
mild discomfort on occasion.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 2-3 years prior sales or telesales account management
- Experience with sales contracts, conducting sales calls and
- Must have a valid Drivers License and acceptable motor vehicle
record to meet carrier requirements. PRID PRID158 Job Locations
US-TX-Houston Posted Date 3 days ago (9/10/2020 3:50 PM) Job ID
2020-39470 Business Unit Construction Industrial WC Functional Area
Sales Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting Location
: Postal Code 77029 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Houston , Market Sales Specialist, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!