Posted on: April 10, 2021
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics,
chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its
employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and
products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges
like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible
packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger
and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel
efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring
the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances.
LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is
the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the
largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020,
LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's
Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic
FunctionSupply Chain is a customer-focused Center of Excellence
providing industry-leading service while delivering differential
value to the business, today and into the future. We separate our
Supply Chain functions into several areas; these include logistics,
customer fulfillment, services, trade compliance, and support for
business processes and systems.---As a member of our dynamic Supply
Chain team, you will play a critical role in helping us supply our
products to a global customer base. In this role, you will be
responsible for providing top tier customer service as part of our
domestic and/or export order fulfillment process. During a typical
day, you may receive orders, check product availability, coordinate
product transportation and delivery, and ensure accurate
invoicing.This position reports to the Account Specialist
Supervisor and is located at our North American Headquarters in
Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary,
bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan,
parking subsidy and employee discounts.Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the domestic and/or export order fulfillment
- Act as the main point of contact for all customer order-related
- Establish relationships with customers and internal
stakeholders, become familiar with customer and system
- Deliver effective communication across sales, marketing,
operations, and transportation to provide answers to price
inquiries, product availability, and transportation requirements.
React with urgency to time-sensitive needs.
- Communicate shipping schedules and details to plant/storage
location personnel and business management as needed.
- Assure accuracy of all order fulfillment master data in SAP and
- Develop knowledge of the Enterprise system (SAP), extended
system tools, and assist customers/stakeholders with full
utilization of e-commerce tools.
- Actively participate in system improvement or other customer
- Contribute to the team's common goals and priorities.
- Model LyondellBasell core competencies with internal and
external customersMin. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Will consider candidates with a High School Diploma that have
at least 8 years' relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor's
- Prior relevant work experience.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills, both oral and
- Able to maintain professionalism and prioritize
responsibilities in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable analyzing data.
- Experience with ERP software such as SAP is strongly
desired.CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates
innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures
accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrityReferral
Bonus: Nearest Major Market: Houston
Keywords: LyondellBasell, Houston , Account Specialist, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!