Safety Coordinator Commercial Construction
Company: TAS Commercial Concrete
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SummaryTAS Commercial Concrete:
Normal work week is Monday through Friday with participation on a
weekend and after hours rotation to cover field-related safety
needs. Work hours and schedules vary, according to project needs.
Performs safety and health activities in construction job sites,
industrial plants or at environmental sites to evaluate and control
exposure to physical or environmental hazards by performing the
following duties. Bilingual Spanish - OSHA 30Essential Duties and
ResponsibilitiesEssential duties and responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Shows-up to work on-time; and as instructed.
- Visits job-sites for the purpose of identifying existing or
- Develops reports enumerating hazards found, including
documentation and verification of proper abatement steps.
- Assists field personnel in the abatement of hazards.
- Is willing to support the production team by working longer
than 8-hours per day and weekend days, if the field demands
- Uses a variety of equipment or instruments to measure noise
levels and measures air quality.
- Maintains and calibrates instruments of the trade.
- Cleans and inspects respirators.
- Coordinates distribution of personal protective equipment such
as respirators, including conducting respirator fit tests.
- Trains operators of earth and / or material moving equipment
such as backhoes, front-end loaders, forklifts, scissor lifts,
telescoping boom lifts, among others to qualify for operating
- Trains employees (on-the-job or in classroom settings) on
safety and health requirements to ensure compliance with
- Oversees field activities and monitors for health and safety
- Enforces use of safety equipment, including personal protective
- Monitors decontamination of personnel leaving hazardous work
- Issues and monitors hot work permits, confined space entries,
and lockout/tag out permits.
- Develops and monitors emergency action plans.
- Investigates accidents and prepares accident reports.
- Transports, or accompanies injured employees to medical
treatment facilities. Coordinates follow-up visits and work
restrictions with medical providers for injured employees.
- Identifies potential causes for accidents and recommends
changes in policies and procedures to prevent accidents and
- Normal work week is Monday through Friday, 7:00-am to 5:00-pm.
Weekend duty may be necessary to fulfill field needs.
- Assists management to prepare safety and health budget.
- Assists in the coordination, preparation and execution of
preparations for various safety-related functions. Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesThis job has no supervisory
responsibilities.CompetenciesTo perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytically - Collects and researches data.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops
alternative solutions. Works well in group problem solving
situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses.
Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer
feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and
assistance. Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming. Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without
interrupting. Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification;
responds well to questions. Demonstrates group presentation skills;
participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Edits
work for spelling and grammar. Varies writing style to meet needs.
Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Gives and
welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Puts success of team above own interests. Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives. Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism. Inspires
respect and trust. Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans.
Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes
resistance. Prepares and supports those
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires
and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences
actions and opinions of others. Accepts feedback from others. Gives
appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote
quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget. Develops and
implements cost saving measures. Contributes to profits and
revenue. Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural
differences. Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments.
Inspires the trust of others. Works with integrity and ethically.
Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports
organization's goals and values. Supports affirmative action and
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles. Measures self against standard
of excellence. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Sets goals
and objectives. Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts
well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for
own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve
performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards. Completes work in
timely manner. Strives to increase productivity. Works
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures.
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Uses equipment and
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments.
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Initiative - Volunteers readily. Undertakes self-development
activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent
actions and calculated risks. Looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets
challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for
improving work. Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Presents
ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Education and/or ExperienceOne year certificate from
college or technical school; or three to six months related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
and experienceLanguage Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization. Mathematical Skills
Keywords: TAS Commercial Concrete, Houston , Safety Coordinator Commercial Construction, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!