IT Desktop Support Technician
Company: Buchanan Technologies
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Buchanan Technologies is seeking to hire an experienced Desktop
Support Technician for an immediate Contract opportunity in
Houston, TX to supplement our client's existing team and workload
through the end of the year.Summary of Position: The Desktop
Support Technician is responsible for supporting PC based computers
and related equipment for customers and for providing technical
expertise, experience and documentation & project coordination as
required to install or repair hardware/software and resolve
technical problems.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair hardware and software issues on client PCs
and mobile devices using approved methods and processes.
- Install hardware and software for clients.
- Complete necessary internal and client related documentation as
required on a daily basis.
- Install/configure/repair network and local printers.
- Train clients on basic computer knowledge.
- Communicate and interact with end users and internal staff to
resolve IT related issues
- Interacts with a typically diverse internal and external
customers and is required to interpret and communicate complex
- Works well in a team environment and independently
- Accountable for ticket aging
- Positive and proactive attitude with customers best interest in
mindQualification / Requirements:
- Intermediate knowledge of PC desktop support.
- Intermediate knowledge of local and network printer
- Basic knowledge of Networking and Windows based servers.
- Customer service related experience.
- Basic knowledge of ticket-based tracking system.Additional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Valid drivers license.
- Dependable transportation.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends and as required.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.Education / Training /
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience with Windows 7/10 and PC
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience with PC and laptop
- Certification in A+Preferred:
- ITILv3 certification
- Certification in Server + or Network+
- Certification in Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE
- Certification in Dell Hardware
- Certification in HP Hardware
- Certification in IBM/Lenovo Hardware
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or equivalent_Buchanan
Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Buchanan Technologies complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training._Job Types:
Full-time, Temporary, ContractSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shiftAbility to commute/relocate:
- Waco, TX: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Desktop support: 3 years (Required)
- Windows: 3 years (Required)
- iOS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software troubleshooting: 3 years (Required)
- Computer hardware: 3 years (Required)
- Active Directory: 3 years (Required)
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft 365: 3 years (Required)Work Location: One locationby
Keywords: Buchanan Technologies, Houston , IT Desktop Support Technician, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!