Senior Project Architect
Company: Perkins and Will
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Are you committed to design excellence?
Do you thrive in an environment of collaboration?
Do you have a passion for sustainability?
Do you show a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurship?
If yes, join us to change the world through design!
As a Senior Project Architect on the Perkins&Will Houston team,
you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and
documentation coordination, focused on the core and shell of
complex, multi-story (including high-rise) research and clinical
healthcare buildings, including development of design drawings,
technical documentation, and leading project technical team
- Responsible for the technical development of a project, working
with a senior designer/design principal and project
- Advanced understanding and experience in application of
planning, programming and design principles and methods.
- Promotes firm and project goals of excellence in design,
execution, and sustainability.
- Makes authoritative decisions, negotiates critical issues, with
a high degree of judgment in collaboration with Project
- Directs the production of schematic, design development and
- Maintains awareness of evolving building technology and
- Understands and coordinates engineering systems relevant to
- Reviews shop drawings, material samples and CD's for
conformance with design.
- Performs construction administration duties (e.g. RFI's, RFP's,
change orders, etc.).
- Prepares reports and specifications; reviews completed reports,
plans, cost estimates and calculations.
- Executes applicable agency review analysis (accessibility,
zoning, life-safety, etc.).
- Coordinates and generates construction drawings and details,
delivering complete, accurate and coordinated project
- Assures execution of and assists with quality control
activities for all architectural elements.
- Conducts and documents field observations to monitor progress
- Ensures tasks are completed according to the Perkins and Will
standards and Project Delivery Manual.
- Establishes architectural budget, task schedule and other
components of the project work plan in collaboration with Project
- Directs production of construction documents, drawings and
specifications in compliance with project scope, schedule and
- Implements meeting objectives, facilitates meetings and
provides meeting notes documentation.
- Maintains contact with clients, consultants and contractors
during all project phases.
- May participate in marketing, client and owner
- Directs, organizes and mentors junior staff with responsibility
oversight of their assignments.
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- 10+ years
- Advanced experience in project design, construction
documentation production and construction materials
- Experienced building codes, specifications, building and
- Understands project management process and can apply project
management software skills
- Basic Revit Knowledge
- Experience reviewing construction documentation
- Experience directing and managing junior staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
- LEED AP or within 6 months of hire
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a resume and work
samples. Include your resume and a compact, representative sample
of your work (no larger than 4MB).
The safety of all employees is a priority during COVID and we
presently require everyone to be fully vaccinated to enter our
studio or attend in person client meetings or visit job sites. No
waiver of requirement that the position advertised includes the
capacity to be present in the studio is expressly or impliedly
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Perkins&Will is an equal opportunity employer and supports
talent from diverse backgrounds that bring experiences, viewpoints
and solutions that best serve our clients, community and enrich our
work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities
and active duty wartime, campaign badge veterans or Armed Forces
service medal veterans are encouraged to apply. EOE/M/F/V/D
At Perkins&Will we believe that inclusion spurs creativity, and
that innovation is born from an engaged culture of diverse people
and ideas. By moving beyond barriers and stereotypes of gender,
race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, medical
condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran
status; we are committed to building an organization that reflects
the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Perkins and Will, Houston , Senior Project Architect, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!