Power Trading Fundamentals Analyst
Company: Macquarie Group Limited
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Join our Gas and Power business as an experienced Power Trading
Fundamentals Analyst out of our Houston or Minneapolis office.In
this role, you will focus on forecasting supply and demand trends,
primarily in eastern North American power markets, but will also be
expected to coordinate closely with gas analytics efforts. You will
work closely with the trading desk to develop models and tools with
the goal of originating and refining trade strategies.In this job
- Develop models and dashboards to help understand, forecast and
visualize gas and power supply/demand balances.
- Provide analytical support and expertise to generate trade
strategies and identify market and pricing trends.
- Design, develop and support short-term data and trading
- Utilize advanced modelling techniques to determine the
relationship between energy market variables.
- Take initiative to continuously improve existing processes,
tools and models with the aim of improving overall performance and
reliability.The successful candidate will have;
- 2 or more years of experience in fundamentals analysis of power
markets, particularly eastern markets (e.g. ISO-NE, NYISO, PJM,
MISO) - but experience in other power markets will also be
- A strong background in various technical skills such as Excel,
Python, SQL, R or other languages.
- Prior experience working in a trading environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to communicate analysis
effectively.Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an
integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including
equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.Job no:
CGM-958699Work type: Permanent - Full timeLocation: Houston,
MinneapolisCategory: Mid-level, Capital Markets, CommoditiesGroup:
Commodities and Global MarketsDivision: Commodity Markets and
FinanceRecruiter: Danielle ScaifeOpening Date: 08/7/2021
Keywords: Macquarie Group Limited, Houston , Power Trading Fundamentals Analyst, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!