Construction & Maintenance Technician I
Company: Centerpoint Energy
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Center Point Energy is looking for a Construction & Maintenance
Technician III to join our Gas Operations Texas Coast District,
located in Alvin, TX.
You will have the ability to: Perform company field operations
including manual labor and other duties necessary to accomplish the
installation, repair, construction, and maintenance of natural gas
We want you to know
CenterPoint Energy and its predecessor companies have been in
business for more than 150 years. Our vision to lead the nation in
delivering energy, service and value drives our strategy and
performance. We have an unwavering commitment to deliver
electricity and natural gas safely and reliably to millions of
Diversity and Inclusion
CenterPoint Energy is committed to creating an inclusive work
environment where business results are achieved through the skills,
abilities, and talents of our diverse workforce.
At CenterPoint Energy, individuals are respected for their
contributions toward our company objectives. We strive for an
inclusive work environment across all levels that is reflective of
the available workforce in the communities we serve.
What we bring to you
* Competitive pay
* Paid training
* Benefits eligibility begins on your first day
* Flexible work schedule, paid holidays, and paid time off
* Access to discounts at fitness clubs and an on-site wellness
center at our headquarters in Houston
* Professional growth and development programs including tuition
* 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match dollar-for-dollar
up to 6% and a company contribution of 3% regardless of your
contribution with immediate 100% vesting.
To be successful in this role you will:
* Install, repair, or replace steel and plastic pipe.
* Provide First Responder assistance in emergency situations.
* Locate gas lines.
* Load and unload required equipment, tools, and supplies onto and
* Assists with or leads work on site.
* Transport required equipment, tools, and supplies to work
* Train and coach less experienced members of crew.
* Demonstrate and maintain company plastic welding certification
and company Arc or Oxygen-Acetylene welding certifications.
* Learn and perform gas meter resets and relights.
* Learn and utilize company's mapping system.
* Assist with Plugging and Tapping procedures.
* Assist in preparation of pipe for welding.
* Learn and operate heavy equipment such as backhoe, trencher and a
two-ton or larger truck.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Your background includes:
* Requires a minimum of four (4) years' experience in construction,
installation and/or maintenance systems (to include one of the
following: natural gas distribution; piping systems; water, sewer,
or electric utility; state/city/county/parish and the oil
* Must have one (1) year experience welding steel pipe.
* Must obtain Class A CDL within 90 days of employment.
* Must pass company welding certification within 90 days of
A bonus to have:
* Two (2) years' experience in natural gas distribution
Keywords: Centerpoint Energy, Houston , Construction & Maintenance Technician I, Professions , Alvin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!