Company: Scientific Drilling
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Scientific Drilling International is looking for a Senior Buyer.
This position is currently located in the Technology Center in
Houston, Texas. Under the direction & supervision of the HALO RSS
R&M Manager, the Sr Buyer for the HTC Facility will be
responsible for ensuring that parts and services needed to build
and maintain Scientific Drilling's advanced HALO Rotary Steerable
System are purchased from specific and specified vendors/suppliers
and are delivered according to agreed upon terms and
Scientific Drilling is an independent directional drilling and
wellbore navigation, surveying and logging Service Company serving
customers worldwide. Our industry leading navigation systems
provide definitive wellbore placement information, enabling safer
and more efficient placement of tightly spaced wellbores throughout
the world. We are motivated by crafting innovative and elegant
solutions to technically challenging problems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Plan and purchase parts, components, supplies, equipment, and
services at the best terms, ensuring high quality and competitive
pricing to promote maximum production output while minimizing
* Responsible for communicating with suppliers to ensure that
quantity of materials are ordered and delivered with enough lead
time to meet supply and demand requirements.
* Responsible for reviewing and verifying requisitions, drawings,
and specs thoroughly so that accurate, and appropriate PO is issued
to ensure that proper purchase is executed.
* Review MRP Window to verify PN, quantities, buy history, etc. to
source parts and/or tools required for production and to maintain
safety stock of inventory.
* Analyze ERP/MRP reports/data and issue adjustments to delivery
schedules as required to compensate for abrupt schedule or
consumption changes within the HALO department.
* Responsible for ensuring that documentation associated with a PO
is the latest and most current version being submitted to
* Update suppliers with any new ECN's that pertain to parts
currently in manufacturing.
* Track order acknowledgements, prepare and communicate shortage
and backlog reports to provide visibility of potential
interruptions to internal customers.
* Periodically (frequently) review, update, and maintain all PO
issued until they are closed.
* Follow up with suppliers (frequently) to confirm and/or adjust
delivery dates for receipt of parts/services.
* Communicate material shortages to internal customers and
* Ensure orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts,
resolve discrepancies, and report nonconformances.
* Process non-conforming parts/materials and generate RMA/RTV to
return discrepant parts to vendors/suppliers for
* Collaborate and coordinate with other departments (in the Houston
HTC facility) to meet their purchasing needs for part and
* Manage workstation and practice good office organization and
* Pursue every job with drive and determination.
* Ability to present oneself with professional appearance and
behavior in accordance with SDI dress code and code of conduct.
* Adhere to established Company procedures and policies, work
schedules, attendance standards, and be punctual to work and
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Strong proficiency with database management. Exhibit expertise in
storing/retrieving pertinent data about suppliers, files, reports,
parts, capabilities, capacities and also internal reporting and
* Very strong quantitative and analytical skills. The ability to
collect, generate and present relevant data and reports for
quarterly business reviews.
* Strong customer service aptitude and attitude.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to prioritize workload effectively and appropriately.
* Able to adapt and change focus to new and unforeseen tasks as
needed to support the manufacturing group (not daily but will
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Able to work in a fast paced and results driven environment.
* Must be a team player/builder.
* Must possess the ability to be interactive with co-workers,
management and company executives.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor's degree
in related field (supply chain) preferred.
* 2-4 years of experience in purchasing, procurement, planning or
* Proficient in ERP/MRP systems required. SAP experience preferred,
but any Tier I or II ERP software expertise is considered.
* Strong proficiency in MS Office software. Outlook, Word, Excel,
* APICS Supply Chain and/or Planning certifications a plus
* Ability to walk, stand, sit, kneel, push, stoop, reach above the
shoulder, grasp, pull, bend repeatedly, climb stairs, identify
colors, hear with aid, see, write, count, read, speak, analyze,
alphabetize, lift and carry under 25 lbs., perceive depth and
operate a motor vehicle.
* Conditions may include working inside and/or outside. May work
around machines with moving parts and moving objects. Working near
radiant and electrical energy. Working closely with others or
working alone. Working extended or irregular hours and travelling
by all possible modes of transportation.
* Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing the
essential job function include, but are not limited to, computers
and related equipment, calculators, copiers, fax machines,
telephone, and vehicles. Ability to wear proper personal protective
equipment, including, but not limited to, safety glasses, hardhat,
reinforced toed shoes, coveralls, gloves, and ear plugs or
Limitations and Disclaimer:
This job description describes the general duties and
responsibilities and physical requirements associated with the
position; it is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, or skills required for the position.
The general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements
associated with the position are subject to modification in order
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some
physical requirements may exclude individuals who pose a threat or
risk to the health or safety to themselves or others.
This job description neither states nor implies that the listed
general duties and responsibilities and physical requirements
associated with the position are the only tasks expected of an
employee. An employee is also required to follow any other
job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks
requested by their supervisor and not in violation of any
applicable laws, regulations, or rules.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and abilities. To perform this job successfully, an
employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each
duty, responsibility, and physical requirement proficiently.
This position will be offered on an "at will" basis.
Keywords: Scientific Drilling, Houston , Senior Buyer, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!