Associate Network Technician
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Associate Network Technician will perform installation of
network hardware infrastructure in educational and professional
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with superiors, coworkers, and customers in an
effective and respectful manner.
- Install network switches and UPSs in floor racks and access
points (APs) on walls and ceilings.
- Patch cables into switches and APs in an orderly, aesthetically
- Ability to interconnect fiber jumper "patch" cables.
- Climb ladders up to 10-ft. tall (no fear of heights).
- Ability to lift 50-plus lbs.
- Set up voice over IP (VoIP) phones; connect to network, and
- Possible termination of Cat6 cable connectors, such as RJ45 and
- Possible operation of cable testing equipment, such as Fluke
tester and basic cable testers.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic Layer 1 network switching
- Open to learning with direction from supervisor and experienced
- Drive to one or multiple sites per day and must have reliable
Skills and Experience:
- Must have exposure to technology-related activities, as they
relate to network environments.
- Experience in cabling infrastructure installation is very
Minimum Qualifications/Technical and Education Requirements: High
school diploma, associate's degree, or bachelor's degree. CCNA
certification or any other Cisco certification a plus.
Keywords: Netsync, Houston , Associate Network Technician, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!