WFM Strategic Scheduling Analyst
Company: Society of Workforce Planning Professionals
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Society of Workforce Planning Professionals
Become a Member: JOIN NOW WFM Strategic Scheduling Analyst -
Houston, TX - Centerpoint Energy WFM Strategic Scheduling Analyst -
Houston, TX - Centerpoint Energy CenterPoint Energy, Inc. operates
as a public utility holding company in the United States. The
company operates through Electric, Natural Gas, and Midstream
Investments segments. Summary: The Strategic Scheduling Analyst
will utilize Workforce Management (WFM) expertise in monitoring,
evaluating, updating, & making recommendations for improving the
WFM processes, utilizing & maintaining WFM tools, and providing
oversight and guidance relative to analytical processes and the WFM
- Responsible for creating and developing various scenarios based
on possible conditions/outcomes and for keeping management informed
and prepared with regards to projecting future scheduling needs and
- Responsible for implementing any approved changes or courses of
action with Workforce Management Software & Tools and coordinating
with the vendor(s), CNP IT, and CNP Telecom.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating forecasts & staffing
requirements and creating optimal schedules for his/her assigned
Skills/LOB's to best optimize the call center's resources and reach
optimal service levels mandated by the Management Team.
- Intra-day contact distribution arrival patterns & accurate
daily & internal IDP's.
- Based on the workload forecasts, determining - hour staffing
requirements for all call centers (both internal and outsourced)
resources utilizing the WFM planning tool/application and
associated processes in an effort to optimize service level and
- Assist in the maintenance of an integrated mid- to long-term
resource plan to ensure proactive planning and optimal utilization
of resources including call center agents and support personnel,
premise based technologies (e.g., workstations), voice and data
networks, and other facility related needs (e.g., training
infrastructure) based on forecasted workload, and service level and
- Work closely with the Real-Time service level team in achieving
customer service level goals and department efficiency - to include
historical performance review and process improvement.
- Ensure optimal schedule alignment with Resource
- Provide daily and interval net staffing requirements to
- Provide analysis on how well resource alignment (schedules)
will be, has been, and currently is.
- Provide analytical support and expertise for call center
processes. Improve efficiency related to the execution of
scheduling processes and the completion of issues.
- Monitor, evaluate, and update WFM processes. Re-engineer where
- Mentor other WFM Analysts - Real Time & Tactical Scheduling
- Prepare spreadsheets and graphics as required for reporting,
analysis and documentation.
- Identify potential issues offering opportunity for enhanced
- Read and understand long term and short term forecasts and
develop and optimize a strategy for the call center staffing &
- Create and analyze different types of staffing scenarios to
determine the best optimization of call center staffing.
- Analyze intra-day call patterns and intra-week call patterns to
better determine where the call center staffing is most effectively
- Assist with and act as back-up for tactical scheduling and
forecasting. This includes being able to analyze, design, and
implement daily schedules and assist in
scheduling/approving/denying off phone activities so as to maximize
Service Level to Customers.
- Create & optimize annual and monthly vacation slots for each
business unit or staffing group.
- Provide Monthly DEFCON Status based on pre-planned events.
Optimize and change status as needed. Education: - Requires a
bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. In lieu
of a degree, will consider a combination of education and related
Workforce Management experience totaling four (4) years, where each
year of applicable college = 1 year and each year of applicable
work experience = 0.5 year. Experience in lieu of education is in
addition to the Experience requirements. Experience: Requires a
minimum three (3) years of successful Workforce Management
experience in a large multi-site call center environment.
Experience in administration and maintenance of data &
configuration in WFM Tools & Processes is also required. Additional
Knowledge, Skills, Licenses/Certifications, Abilities & Personal
- Able to demonstrate and apply a deep understanding of call
center operations, WFM Methodology, and Scheduling principles.
- Able to demonstrate and apply excellent Microsoft Excel
- Able to analyze performance trends and operational metrics in
an effort to identify and articulate performance issues and
- Able to work with and communicate workforce management
strategies with Customer Service operational leadership in an
effort to drive performance towards common goals and
- Able to demonstrate and apply excellent analytical,
organizational, and time management skills.
- Able to achieve quality work under deadline pressure.
- Able to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly.
- Able to demonstrate and apply excellent negotiating and
consensus building skills.
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess the ability to follow
through on assignments.
- Able to manage a diverse range of projects simultaneously in a
rapidly changing environment.
- Able to solve problems guided only by general organization
objectives, policies, and goals.
- Able to work comfortably and communicate with all levels of
management and leadership.
- Able to spot trends in historical data sets.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing demands and to work
effectively in a rapidly changing environment. Physical
- Able to communicate orally in a clear manner.
- Able to operate a personal computer, either desktop or laptop
and to operate office equipment, including telephone, photocopier,
fax machine, scanner, etc.
- Able to view a personal computer monitor or laptop screen for
extended periods of time.
- Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a
minimal amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or
otherwise move. Working Conditions:
- Able to work indoors, in an office environment, regardless of
whether cubicle, open office or private office.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with high daily
pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to work a varied schedule, including occasional overtime
to complete projects and meet deadlines in response to changing
- Able to travel occasionally and stay overnight as required. Job
Board Archive View an archive of past job postings here. Society of
Workforce Planning Professionals, LLC
6508 Grayson Court
Nashville, TN 37205 Copyright 2002 - 2022 Society of Workforce
Keywords: Society of Workforce Planning Professionals, Houston , WFM Strategic Scheduling Analyst, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!