Construction Materials Lab Technician - SW Houston
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Kelly Science & Clinical is currently recruiting candidates for
a Construction Materials Lab Technician position at an
Environmental Engineering Consulting firm in SW Houston. As a Lab
Technician, you will perform a variety of standardized tests on
various construction materials in accordance with established
procedures utilizing a variety of laboratory instruments, devices,
- Perform testing on soils using ASTM and TXDOT methods including
moisture, Atterberg, Gradations, Sieve, etc.
- Proper documentation of testing results.
- Maintain and calibrate testing equipment, including
- Field work involving collection of samples and testing.
- Meet priorities and deadlines as directed by
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 65 pounds to include tools,
sample containers and equipment.
- Maintain a neat/clean/safe laboratory and work space.
- Maintain company paid training (in house and external) and
- AS/BS degree in a scientific field such as Environmental
Science or related field is preferred; High School or GED is
- 5 years of lab experience in the analysis of soils, concrete,
or asphalt OR SB101 Certification is required
- Ability to perform laboratory techniques, keep accurate
records, and comply with company policies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to work protracted or irregular hours as necessary
due to client needs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, adaptable, high ownership of assigned tasks,
and results oriented
- Good communication (oral and written) through email and
- Must possess a valid drivers license and meet company's
automobile insurability requirements This is a temp to hire
position with a Monday through Friday work schedule. Pay rate range
for the position is $20-24 per hour commensurate upon level of
education and applicable experience. If you meet the above
qualifications, please submit your resume for immediate
Keywords: Kelly Services, Houston , Construction Materials Lab Technician - SW Houston, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!