Solar Installer I
Company: McCarthy Building Co
Posted on: September 24, 2022
McCarthy is hiring full time Solar Installers immediately for
the construction of a new solar facility located in Livingston, TX.
This will be one of the largest renewable energy facilities ever
constructed in Texasand offers candidates a chance to get in at the
ground level in the quickly growing field of solar.McCarthy proudly
offers our craft professionals:
- Safety-First Mindset
- Paid Holidays (7)
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement
- Professional Development
- Referral Cash BonusesMcCarthys core purpose is to be the Best
Builder in America. We value our skilled tradespeople, and we know
the abilities you bring to make us a better company. Together, we
can build great things.TheSolar Installeris part of the team that
is largely responsible for the safe and successful installation of
various solar equipment. The Solar Installer will utilize a wide
variety of tools and machines to assemble and construct the solar
equipment based on the scheduled work plans. The Solar Installer
may also be assigned additional duties on the job as required by
the project leadership.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean job site and shake out material to the
- Bolt up clamps for solar panels.
- Hoist torque tubes into position and align/secure torque
- Set drive motors.
- Installation of dampeners and linkage between drive
- Set and install solar modules.
- Tighten bolts to the proper torque specifications.
- Receive/stock materials and maintain accurate inventory.
- Quality control for the scope of work.
- When using equipment fill out equipment checklist and verify
all items are in good working order, if not report the issue prior
to damage occurring. Follow up with supervisor continually if not
- Maintain tools used for installation to ensure they are in
proper working condition and return tools at the end of work
- General cleanup of materials and debris.
- Ability to work in a production environment where daily
production goals are set, evaluated, and optimized
- All other duties assigned by site leadershipQUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with solar construction projects preferred but not
- Prior experience using various tools that are required to
install mechanical assemblies.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting, pushing, pulling of material
weighing 50 lbs.
- Ability to squat, crawl and work in awkward positions and
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Unrestricted use of hands, arms, shoulders, upper/lower back,
visual acuity, depth, and color perception.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
- Age 18+
- Proof of Identity and Employment AuthorizationMcCarthy Building
Companies is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religious beliefs,
marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: McCarthy Building Co, Houston , Solar Installer I, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!