Collision Body Technician
Company: AutoNation Collision Center North Houston
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Come join the Largest Auto Group in the United States! AutoNation
has a network of over 300 dealerships and over 50 collision centers
providing careers coast to coast and endless opportunities. We
provide our employees the ability to take advantage of
Industry-Leading Benefits that include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days of employment
- 401k with Company Match
- Career paths with the purpose to develop our employees and
promote growth from within
- Longevity bonuses for employees based on performance
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Discounts programs with major vendors
- Generous referral programs for all levels of associates
At AutoNation, getting customers back on the road is what drives
us. We're looking for a Collision Body Technician or Auto Body
Technician to join our team. As a Collision Body Technician, you'll
perform vehicle repairs as assigned in accordance with dealer and
factory standards. Your attention to detail make you a valuable
asset to the team as you ensure repairs are completed on time, and
deliver top-notch work to delight our customers.
What are the daily job responsibilities?
- Performing work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency
- Communicating with Estimators and Parts Associates to obtain
- Assessing vehicle condition to determine if additional safety
or repair work is needed.
- Performing all body repairs according to estimate.
- Performing welding, soldering, body alignment, and
- Operating all equipment in the Collision Center in a safe and
productive manner, following AutoNation's Safety Standards for the
use of personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, gloves,
hearing protection) while working on the production floor.
- Inspecting all work performed as a Quality Control (QC) measure
as soon as jobs are completed.
- Mixing all chemicals according to manufacturer
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local
regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as
hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high quality
repairs. What are the requirements for the Collision Body
- ICAR certification (preferred) or interest to become
- OEM certification (preferred) or interest to become
- At least two years' automotive experience.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver's license with an
acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile. What are the opportunities
for career growth?
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development
after success in a Collision Body Technician role. Future
opportunities may include:
- Collision Director
- Collision Production Manager
- Collision Estimator
- Collision Body Team Lead The intent of this job description is
to provide a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents
may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those
specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on
business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of
internal and external candidates.
auto body technician, auto body tech, Collision Technician,
Collision Tech, AutoBody, Body Man, Bodyman, Frame Tech, Structural
Repair, Non-Structural Repair, NonStructural Repair, Heavy Hits,
Heavy Collision, Combo Tech, iCar, i-Car, I Car, Refinishing
Technician, Restoration Tech, Master Technician, Refinishing Tech,
Heavy Collision, Body Shop, Collision Center, Service King, Gerber,
Caliber, UTI, WyoTech, Lincoln Tech, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Acura,
Lexus, Infiniti, Ford, Chevy, Lincoln, Mercury, Volkswagen, VW,
Fiat, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Porsche, Audi, Volvo, Mazda, Subaru,
Kia, Hyundai, Saturn, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge,
Ram, Chevrolet, Eagle, Buick, Land Rover
Keywords: AutoNation Collision Center North Houston, Houston , Collision Body Technician, Professions , Bellaire, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!