HVAC Design Engineer
Posted on: September 24, 2022
An HVAC Design Engineer job in Houston, TX is available courtesy
of Modis. NO C2C or sponsorship now or in the future are available.
You will need a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and
five years previous manufacturing experience in the HVAC, appliance
or automotive industry. You will design, analyze, and document new
and existing HVAC products. You will also be responsible for
creating and sustaining specifications using engineering analysis
and judgment. Also oversee the development and testing of
engineering prototypes. HVAC Design Engineer job responsibilities
- Create, revise, and sustain HVAC product designs, utilizing
knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
- Develop and manage project schedules related to new and
existing product designs.
- Analyze product designs using tolerance, thermodynamic, finite
element, and computational fluid dynamic analyses.
- Document product designs by preparing bills of materials, cost
analyses, drawings, and engineering change requests.
- Assist in redesigning internal components to improve overall
long-term system quality, improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Develop engineering solutions to product related issues through
problem solving and root cause analysis techniques.
- Participate on cross functional teams to launch products,
resolve issues, and support product improvements.
- Coordinate project work internally with the department and
externally with other departments to ensure on-time completion of
projects within budget.
- Work with suppliers to improve quality and resolve product
- Assist manufacturing with product launches and issue
- Drive continuous improvement projects related to product design
and quality Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of product design experience in HVAC, appliance or
automotive. If you don't have HVAC industry experience must
understand how HVAC works in automotive or appliance industry.
- Experience AutoCAD and Creo
- Experience with design for six sigma (DFSS), design failure
modes and effects analysis (DFMEA), design of experiments
methodology, tolerance analysis, value engineering principles, and
parts standardization principles
- Experience with engineering change processes
- Black belt or green belt certification preferred
- VBA programming and/or Python programming is a plus If you are
interested in this HVAC Design Engineer job in Houston, TX then
please APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis go to
. If you have questions about the position, please contact Stacy
Hansen at or . Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo read
our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we
will use your information, please navigate to The Company will
consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Modis, Houston , HVAC Design Engineer, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!