Collision Mechanical Technician
Company: AutoNation Collision Center Galleria
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Overview: Come join the Largest Auto Group in the United States!
AutoNation has a network of over 300 dealerships and over 50
collision centers providing careers coast to coast and endless
opportunities. We provide our employees the ability to take
advantage of Industry-Leading Benefits that include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with Company Match
- Career paths with the purpose to develop our employees and
promote growth from within
- Longevity bonuses for employees based on performance
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Discounts programs with major vendors
- Generous referral programs for all levels of associates
Position Overview:At AutoNation, getting customers back on the road
is what drives us. We're looking for a Collision Mechanical
Technician or Auto Technician to join our team. As a Collision
Mechanical Technician, you'll diagnose and perform mechanical and
electrical vehicle repairs as assigned in accordance with dealer
and factory standards. Your excellent time-management skills make
you a valuable asset to the team as you ensure repairs are
completed on time, and your keen eye for detail helps you deliver
top-notch work to delight our customers. -What are the daily job
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing the needed
- Performing work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency
- Communicating with Estimators and Parts Associates to obtain
- Examining vehicles to determine if additional safety or repair
work is needed.
- Performing all repairs according to estimate.
- Operating all equipment in the Collision Center in a safe and
productive manner, following AutoNation's Safety Standards for the
use of personal protective equipment (e.g., safety glasses, gloves,
hearing protection) while working on the production floor.
- Inspecting and testing all work performed as a Quality Control
(QC) measure as soon as jobs are completed.
- Mixing all chemicals according to manufacturer
- Understanding and following federal, state, and local
regulations that affect Collision Center operations, such as
hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Gaining superior product knowledge to provide high quality
repairs.What are the requirements for the Collision Mechanical
- ICAR certification (preferred) or interest to become
- OEM certification (preferred) or interest to become
- ASE certification (preferred) or interest to become
- At least two years' automotive experience.
- Must have a valid, in-state driver's license with an
acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to operate an automobile.What are the opportunities for
Our Associates have many choices for career growth and development
after success in a Collision Mechanical Technician role. -Future
opportunities may include:
- Collision Director
- Collision Production ManagerThe intent of this job description
is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and
responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents
may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those
specifically presented. Career opportunities are dependent on
business and staffing needs, as well as the qualifications of
internal and external candidates. -Automotive technician, auto
tech, mechanic, service technician, general service tech, GST, line
technician, line tech, a tech, b tech, c tech, electrical
technician, alignment technician, suspension technician,
transmission, master tech, master technician, maintenance
technician, lube tech, ASE, EV, recon tech, reconditioning
technician, used car tech, mobile tech, auto body, collision,
Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, Ford, Chevy,
Lincoln, Mercury, Volkswagen, VW, Fiat, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar,
Porsche, Audi, Volvo, Mazda, Subaru, Kia, Hyundai, Saturn, Suzuki,
Mitsubishi, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram, Chevrolet, Eagle, Buick,
Keywords: AutoNation Collision Center Galleria, Houston , Collision Mechanical Technician, Professions , Houston, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!